Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Frezflops

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Frezflops

  1. For nancy Queen Egg
  2. Frezflops replied to Dentalfloss's topic in Socializing
    that is why your nervous it is a big decision and a big change after you have been at one place for that long. A lot of worries go with that also but hopefully the job you applied for calls you and if you want it you get it.
  3. Marti I echo everyones sentiments about having her leave and being cared for in a different setting by someone other than you. It sounds like a very toxic situation. My late step -mother was a undiagnosed bipolar women, you never knew what and when she would lose her mind on stupid crap. She pushed alot of family away by her behavior, part of the reason I was able to move 300 miles away from where I grew up was that it meant that there was more distance between me and her. I think you should look (or tell her to look into) alternative carers or places for her to go for care...you should not have to deal with that shit in your life.
  4. I ran my first 5k 4 months after my quit, I lost weight about 80lbs and then quit smoking mid weight loss, so I decided to take it to the next level by running since I could breathe again the best way to run a 5k is to sign up and commit to a 5k race. You can do it does not have to be fast just gotta do it.
  5. That is awesome.....My mother-in-law quit using the e-cig with no set plan after about a month or so she just decided to put the e-cig down for good and be done.
  6. 20-25 depending on my moods and time I had on my hands did a lot of boredom smoking
  7. Hugs tracey Hope everything is okay and she recieves the help she needs to heal herself.
  8. OKay I will bite I am female and a RN in the operating room. I am also known as frezflops on here apparently for my love of flip flops(closet things to not having shoes on) I am married Was not able to have children so I have 3 dogs and 1 cat Love to run Outside mostly running on the treadmill is monotonous to me but I need to get back at it I love harder alternative rock such as nonpoint, the pretty reckless, in this moment etc..... I am 45 years old. I hate country music My dogs are annoying me right now I have been married for 21 years I have a desire to travel more now that I have had a taste of it the last two years I am a homebody it takes a lot to actually get me to want to go anywhere not very exciting I know I spend way too much time online I think.
  9. I agre F uck Tuesday and while we are at lets say f uck off Wednesday I might get mandated call tomorrow.......busy day tomorrow everyone and their brother is having surgery it is the end of the year my deductible is paid now lets have that surgery that I have been putting off sigh......I had call last night and am on call this weekend I might as well just live at work FML sigh
  10. I ran today with cody......my thighs hurt this am and I still ran lol could not pass up the nice(warm) weather outside it was 40s today a bit foggy/misty Cody ran (truly a fast trot) with me just fine I think he will make a great running partner lol I am paying for the runs right now though my thighs hurt/sore lol I need to keep up with running on the dreadmill so I dont become out of shape with running.
  11. Awesome!!! :)
  12. it is 40 degrees and foggy/misty outside today and I went for a run outside for the first time in a couple of months it. feels. awesome!........if the weather is the same tomorrow I will try to do the same. What is everyone doing today?
  13. Welcome back glad you are ok {{{hugs}}}}
  14. Frezflops replied to rowlyd's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    You do not want just one......breathe deep everything that happens in life is going to happen with or without cigarettes it is much better without (I know you know that) Go for a run or a walk or take 10 minutes close your eyes and take some deep breathes repeatedly......drink a cold glass of water or maybe some juice or pop. Whatever you do do not smoke and please check back in here ..........you have got this........
  15. I have not been running much since it has gotten cold outside (cant bring myself to run on treadmill all the time) I have been walking cody outside for about 5 miles at least 3-4 times a week have to put snow pants and dress warm. I am on call today so I went to the work gym and worked out on the arc trainer for 30 minutes then did some strength for about 20 minutes feels great. I have to reign in my snacking habits it has been a bit out of control.
  16. aw vcome on bakon dont you know REAL men can cry.........it is okay you can sit alone in a darkened room while you cry if you want :P
  17. Sorry for your loss {{{{hugs}}}}}
  18. Bring the tissues out this is an awesome read. http://www.tickld.com/x/why-dogs-never-actually-die-this-guy-nails-it Lisa
  19. Upstairs tree Downstairs tree The dogs talking to santa lol
  20. Thoughts, opinions think there is any validity in this study? http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/smoking-destroys-y-chromosomes
  21. Welcome!!! you got this!
  22. Welcome!!! remember deep breathes, drink lots of water, exercise and whatever distracts you. Post here often you got this!
  23. :(

    Frezflops replied to Colleen's topic in Off The Record
    That sucks, pain control can be tricky to find the right relief that wont cause collateral damage to other organs. If you do not feel comfortable with the medical plan have you considered getting a second opinion? Have you discussed with her that the current regimen isn't working? How long have you been giving the new regimen a shot? Hope you find some relief.
  24. Frezflops replied to Wendy's topic in Socializing
    My cousin was in the store with her son and Feliz Navidad came on he started singing "release mama duck" lol
  25. I wonder what they are telling Santa? lol

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.