What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Getting the bags packed... tying up  some loose ends ... (trying to get the wife healthy), and plotting a course for the East Coast.. leaving Friday afternoon...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, joe said:

Getting the bags packed... tying up  some loose ends ... (trying to get the wife healthy), and plotting a course for the East Coast.. leaving Friday afternoon...

Road trip...don't forget to pack ya Esky!

• Like 2

I am getting ready for my trip, too...off to the airport now to purchase my resident 2 year parking permit...as my current one expired yesterday! 

• Like 2

Uh oh.  I am waiting to see the dentist.  One of my implants hurts.  I don't think I am brave enough to have them work on it.  I barely survived when they put them in.

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

Uh oh.  I am waiting to see the dentist.  One of my implants hurts.  I don't think I am brave enough to have them work on it.  I barely survived when they put them in.

Ouch!  Not the work on my mouth but the cost to repair it.  $10,000. !!!  My implants have failed and they have ruined my teeth.  

I will have to have the implants surgically removed and teeth redone.  Of course the insurance does not cover this work!

The smoking did a lot of damage to my bone, along with having osteoporosis.  Don't think I am going to be smiling for a while.  Doc said it will take about to months for my mouth to heal.  On the plus side, I will probably lose some of the pounds that have been driving me crazy because I won't be able to chew for a while.

• Sad 4

Oh no @Linda Thomas .... Would it be cheaper to take a holiday to Bali or Thailand to get the work done..

Holiday in a nice hot place and dental work....and probs still cheaper?

A few of my relos have done dental holidays to Bali or Thailand with no problems so I could get the name the dentist's they use if ya want.

2 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Oh no @Linda Thomas .... Would it be cheaper to take a holiday to Bali or Thailand to get the work done..

Holiday in a nice hot place and dental work....and probs still cheaper?

A few of my relos have done dental holidays to Bali or Thailand with no problems so I could get the name the dentist's they use if ya want.

I did not know that.  Sounds worth checking into.  I had already put $27,000.00 into my dental work and to find that it failed is disgusting.  

Yes, you can private message me the info and I will check it out.  

3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Wow !!!.....I can feel the pain from here ...your braver than me .....

I was weighing the cost of being put to sleep  $265.00 compared to a happy pill $72.00.  My husband says we are not going to scrimp there and I need to be put to sleep.  I am a wimp when it comes to pain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Linda Thomas said:

I did not know that.  Sounds worth checking into.  I had already put $27,000.00 into my dental work and to find that it failed is disgusting.  

Yes, you can private message me the info and I will check it out.  

Will make a few calls tomorrow and pm you some info.

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

@Linda Thomas what s nightmare. 

Do they not have some sort of warranty with them where they are sorted free of charge. Implants done privately here often do for the first year.

Definitely get put under!!!

They were 11 years but should have lasted forever.  

2 hours ago, Jordan7 said:

Oh, that really, really stinks, Linda!   I had a couple of implants that failed initially and then were redone after some bone growth.  How long were they in before they failed?

11 years.  But for what I paid, they should have lasted forever.  Hell I was going to leave them to my children😂

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...