Am I trying to quit.....or did I quit?

Ladybug

I would say you have stopped LB.

No trying..the deed it done, you stopped and nothing else will happen, you stopped. Must have been a wonderful feeling when the peace of mind rushed over you, in that it was no hassle to say 'no thanks, don't want one' One of the best feelings in the world ;)

• Like 3

I would say you have stopped LB.

No trying..the deed it done, you stopped and nothing else will happen, you stopped. Must have been a wonderful feeling when the peace of mind rushed over you, in that it was no hassle to say 'no thanks, don't want one' One of the best feelings in the world ;)

I just wrote it in my blog...I felt like a circus attraction...like a monster with 3 heads :-) Yes, saying "no thanks" with a smile felt good..but it didn't feel odd, it felt normal!

• Like 3

I just wrote it in my blog...I felt like a circus attraction...like a monster with 3 heads :-) Yes, saying "no thanks" with a smile felt good..but it didn't feel odd, it felt normal!

I am so pleased for you as you are embracing the new normal, your new fabulous normal.

• Like 2

Wow- you got this.  I feel like I am still trying- everyday I am trying.  Maybe one day I will be where you are at and I can just say I quit.

Awesome- happy for you! :)

I can not believe I am hearing " one day I will be where you are" wow......I thought the same about so many people here!

It's like we all are climbing up a very high and long staircase....and you look up and some are already on the 2nd floor when you just managed the first step. I hang on to the person before me -I believe it's Julie's Belt- she drags me with her and people behind me are pushing me up :-)

• Like 4

Wow- you got this.  I feel like I am still trying- everyday I am trying.  Maybe one day I will be where you are at and I can just say I quit.

You can already you know Amy because you have stopped already. You honestly will start to feel more comfortable and it will be less, and less of what can feel like a mental battle. Make the choice to stay 'stopped' and the mental ease/peace of mind will become your new normal very soon too. :)

• Like 4

Amy. You quit. You did it. Stop feeling like you are trying. You will still get the odd challenge, but you won't smoke. Enjoy your freedom!

You got this Amy.

• Like 3

LadyB I would definitely say you have quit, you are a non smoker and you proved that too yourself at the BBQ, I find that with some of my work colleagues they say to me so hows the stopping smoking going, I know they mean well and want to see me succeed but I'm like "ummmm still stopped" "not going to start again" but they have seen  me fail so many times, I honestly think they have a betting syndicate going to see how long I will last LOL. :D

• Like 2

For people that are still smokers, and also people that are "never been a smoker", it's the same idea: they don't get it because they haven't done it, you "quit smoking", you didn't "try"... lol... you are totally groovy, LB!

• Like 2

LadyB I would definitely say you have quit, you are a non smoker and you proved that too yourself at the BBQ, I find that with some of my work colleagues they say to me so hows the stopping smoking going, I know they mean well and want to see me succeed but I'm like "ummmm still stopped" "not going to start again" but they have seen  me fail so many times, I honestly think they have a betting syndicate going to see how long I will last LOL. :D

Oh how wonderful that they will be so wrong eh Jackie ;)

• Like 1

I know...that's how I felt yesterday. I almost asked "so how high are the bets?" and "what are the odds". 

Jackie, I felt the same way. I would tell people I quit smoking and they'd kind of laugh at me and mutter "Yeah right" or "How long is it going to last this time Leanna?' Yeah, real supportive they were, lol.

But I proved them wrong and so did you LB! You ARE a non-smoker and you definitely proved that by saying no to any sort of temptation. I am very proud of you. I believe you have no intentions of smoking again, therefore you have quit and are no longer "trying." 

Virtual High 5!

• Like 2

I wonder was it the smokers saying are you trying to quit, because in their head...they are more often than not, thinking of or trying to quit. You're not trying at all, you did it. Quit done! You are quit. x

The great myths. We all believed them once.

"We are proper smokers, it's too late for us"

"I enjoy smoking, quitting is because you want to live forever. We all have to die of something."

"Quitting is impossible. She is just making herself miserable."

Seeing people quit, and enjoying being quit means the myths can't be true...and that is REALLY scary....

• Like 3