24 hours

Julie

Hi Julie, welcome onboard the quit train, day one is done and dusted, plenty of helpful advice and support here, NOPE (not one puff ever) is a brilliant starting point, be positive and know that what you are embarking on is going to be the best trip you have ever made.  Looking forward to sharing your journey with you xx

Hi Julie. Welcome to QT! Glad to have you here. :)

We're here to help. Ask as many questions as you would like; post as much as you want! Having a good support system can be very helpful/beneficial to your quit and that's what this board is for! 

Welcome Julie!!  Congrats on taking control of your health and putting it down.  

I'm newish too so I hesitate to offer any grand sweeping notes of advice but what worked for me at the beginning was to do the NOPE (not one puff, ever) commitment everyday, read read read and watch the videos so you have information to support your desire to quit, write down every reason why you're quitting, promise to reach out to the folks here/do an SOS if you find yourself shaky... put it in your head that NOTHING else matters more than hanging onto your quit.  Drink water/juice, sleep, walk, cry...whatever you feel you need during this first few days.  It DOES get easier and other people had done this...you can too!!

• Like 3

I am from  Pennsylvania.  I have smoked most of my adult life.... :blink:   Not sure what to say... except I am kind of a smart a$$... Which is why i am having a hard time.  My friends to me to suck it up and quit... :o

And that is how it is done, Julie...one day at a time!  There is a lot of wonderful information, here, and even more wonderful people to cheer you along and answer questions.  Many of us were helped by reading Allen Carr's EasyWay to quit smoking, as well as reading and watching videos, here.  If you would like a quit meter like many of us have in our signatures, instructions are here.

Welcome to the board, you can do this!!

Hey Julie,

You want advice. Sips of water and fruit juice for a few days to help regulate blood sugar levels which go nuts with chemicals withdrawal. Know each crave lasts 3-5 minutes and then passes, and nicotine is out of your system in 72 hours! Your body is already healing itself after 24 hours, it will continue to do so.

Just do today, don't think too big. Write why you want to quit and keep the list on you to read if you waver. 

Smile!!  You're a non smoker already and that's pretty cool :)

I am from  Pennsylvania.  I have smoked most of my adult life.... :blink:   Not sure what to say... except I am kind of a smart a$$... Which is why i am having a hard time.  My friends to me to suck it up and quit... :o

And you have.

Smart. Yes.

Sip lots of water. Take some juice too to keep sugars up and help flush the toxins. Cranberry tends to be the fashionable choice.

If craves come - take deep breaths, try to relax and ride them out.

A crave never killed anyone Julie. 

Congratulations on the best decision that you have ever made - to quit smoking.

Hi Julie... welcome and congrats.

My advice... don't smoke another ciggie.  You will have to fight and fight some more.  But if your mind is right... it will be "Easy Peasy"

Make a plan for what you are going to do when you get a crave or when life just sucks and you want to smoke.  What will you do instead?  .... deep breaths... take a walk.... chew some gum... eat some bakon???  Make a plan and stick to it.

What is your quit method?

Keep on fighten on.. the other side is awesomeness.

Welcome Julie, wishing you an awesome quit! We're all on this journey to success together.

I think it's awesome we have people from all over the place. UK, US and other places in Europe... I think it would be cool to have a thread where we can all write a thing or two about where we live.

Hi

its been 24 hours without a smoke! one day... cant wait until it is 352 days without one... can i fast forward to a year from now... :D I will take any advice from anyone...

Stay away from anything that looks like this:photo-28.png?_r=1407774621

or smells like this:dsc_0510.jpg

J/K congrats on the first 24

Welcome to the QT Julie and congrats on your decision to quit smoking!  Take it one day at a time and before you know it you'll have weeks under your belt.  The key is to make a decision to not smoke no matter what.  Come here and talk to us if you feel you may relapse.  Take a run or do something else to distract yourself, but don't smoke.  It takes time for you mind and mind to heal from this addiction but I can promise you that when you get to the other side the only regret you'll have is that you didn't do it sooner.  

hi Julie, welcome to the QT family, and congratulations on your lovely new quit!! :D

as for advice, take it one crave- one hour - one day at a time,.. time starts out move'n slowly when your quit is young, but I PROMISE time will speed up the further you get  into your quit  :good3: .. stay close to the board,.. read all you can thats here, ya never know which post will  have something that you can really relate to that sticks - and helps you keep your quit, .. and post, because you never know which of your posts will help someone else

congrats again Julie!! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Julie - glad you are here -this is a great family here - there is no shortage of support, which I am sure you are already aware of.Congrats on your decision to quit and one your first full day. The only advice I can really give you is to take it minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day -it's like a big game and if you are competitive you will certainly win - habits and cravings versus determination and will....you already won round one so kick hell week in the arse and never look back.  We are here to encourage you but you just like the rest of us here have to do the hard work on your own.

Pledge NOPE everyday and get involved on the site and you will be crossing off those milestones faster then you think.