Making your ticker or counter for you signature...out of date

Nancy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't think so....I know how to make the ticker but isn't there a particular area that serves as your signature?  I just pasted this in as a message/post. Notice it is not under that + sign like everyone else who has a "signature".....

?

3 minutes ago, Rozuki said:

I don't think so....I know how to make the ticker but isn't there a particular area that serves as your signature?  I just pasted this in as a message/post. Notice it is not under that + sign like everyone else who has a "signature".....

?

Sorry, I just updated the instructions.  Click on the arrow by your name at the top of the page, click on Account Settings, click on Signature on the left.  Hope this helps!

On 10/17/2014 at 3:35 PM, Nancy said:

You make your own ticker...For your QuitTrain quit meter, click on the QT Ticker tab at the top of the page.  It will take you to where you can enter your information and pick your design. Once your ticker is created, copy the address on the right hand side. Next click on the arrow beside your name at the top of the page. Select Account Settings.   Select signature on the left side, and then paste the address in the signature box.  When you click Save Changes the ticker appears!  (03/01/2018 - these tickers will be available later in the month)

If you want one similar my top one, go to www.tickerfactory.com. Click All Tickers on the right, and then Event under Wedding, Birthday, Anniversary, and you can choose your own wording, etc.   You enter your information and create your ticker.  Then, copy the address they give you.  Next click on the arrow beside your name at the top of the page. Select Account Settings.   Select signature on the left side, and then paste the address in the signature box.   When you click Save Changes the ticker appears!  

Just a note…The ticker doesn't always show up on the smartphone version of the posts, but you will be able to see it appear on the PC and tablet versions.

Some people like this site:

Tina's Quit Meter

Create your ticker, and instead of copying the address, right click on the ticker and Copy Image, and then come paste in signature box.  Lots of us have two tickers because we just like them!  I hope this helps!

I'm using tinas quit meter and did it like you said but it doesn't update?

Edited by jillar

5 minutes ago, jillar said:

I'm using tinas quit meter and did it like you said but it doesn't update?

Hmmm...don't know what to tell you.  So you copied the image?  Maybe I need to delete that part of the instructions.  Today is our first day to have tickers back after the latest upgrade so I'm not sure what might have changed.

Just now, Nancy said:

Hmmm...don't know what to tell you.  So you copied the image?  Maybe I need to delete that part of the instructions.  Today is our first day to have tickers back after the latest upgrade so I'm not sure what might have changed.

I tried twice already with that ticker and couldn't get it to work but maybe someone else can try before you delete anything because it could be something I'm doing. Although I have used this ticker for a while now. Anyway I can just wait for the qt ticker too

35 minutes ago, Nancy said:

Sorry, I just updated the instructions.  Click on the arrow by your name at the top of the page, click on Account Settings, click on Signature on the left.  Hope this helps!

Sheesh....I was there in account settings several times looking for "signature" and for some reason just did not see the word "signature"....until today!! Thanks, Nancy!! :91_thumbsup: I will just blame it on the panic I was suffering after losing qsmb! ;)

4 minutes ago, Rozuki said:

Sheesh....I was there in account settings several times looking for "signature" and for some reason just did not see the word "signature"....until today!! Thanks, Nancy!! :91_thumbsup: I will just blame it on the panic I was suffering after losing qsmb! ;)

Don't feel bad...it wasn't there until today!!

16 minutes ago, jillar said:

I tried twice already with that ticker and couldn't get it to work but maybe someone else can try before you delete anything because it could be something I'm doing. Although I have used this ticker for a while now. Anyway I can just wait for the qt ticker too

Did you try copying the address?  Maybe it works differently, now?

12 minutes ago, Nancy said:

Don't feel bad...it wasn't there until today!!

Did you try copying the address?  Maybe it works differently, now?

Yea, I tried that too :(