day 14 and wanna scream

laura

Don't really know what to say, I have been struggling for a few days but have felt in control. I can't get these thoughts out of my head and every time I feel like this I give in and that's exactly what I feel like doing now I'm fed up with it taking over my mind. I'm getting angry and don't like feeling like this. All I want to do is quit smoking and not have to think about it bloody skanky nicodemon needs a large f××k off graahhh

I'm sorry that you are going through a rough patch Laura. When I went through it during the first month I kept reading a quote that I saw on another members sig. 

"If I have just one cigarette, I'll be back where I started. Where I started was desperately wishing I was where I am today." It just rang true to me. I had it on post its all over the place. You have fought hard to get to 14 days quit, keep marching, you can do it! 

ETA: Oh, and scream if you need to! It is very cathartic, just make sure that you do it into a pillow. ;)
  • Like 3

Hi Laura. That sucks you're still feeling crappy on day 14 - isn't it crazy how those chemicals have messed with our heads so much! But 2 weeks is bloody impressive, well done :) :)

I hope you're having good days as well! I can COMPLETELY relate to how you're feeling right now - I feel the same. I'm one bad decision away from walking to the supermarket and ending this discomfort.

But... I know this from reading on the forums:

1) The bad feelings are temporary. They pass. Ive felt crap and fabulous all in one day. Now is bad, tomorrow is good.

2) The bad feelings come fewer and far in between.

3) Cigarettes caused this feeling. If you smoke again, this feeling will be caused again.

Imagine a year from now two versions of you. One that smokes still, and one who has come out the otherside a happy and confident non-smoker, who looks back on smoking as quite a strange and foreign thing that doesn't make much sense anymore

Best of luck Laura, let us know how you got on :)

• Like 7

When I get those thoughts that just won't go away, I have taken comfort from everyone here who promises that it WILL get better. As they have all said to me at one time or another, who could stay quit if it stayed this bad?

Just try to say to yourself, one day at a time, put your head down and keep trudging.

I am beginning to see a glimmer of light. It may not take you that long as I smoked for 42 years.

Wishing you strength, Laura!

• Like 2

Not sure who has it in the signature but the quote that always gets me is "The only people who crave forever are the one's who keep smoking" (or something to that effect). 

The only way to truly make it stop is to hold on and push through. 

• Like 3

Hi Laura. That sucks you're still feeling crappy on day 14 - isn't it crazy how those chemicals have messed with our heads so much! But 2 weeks is bloody impressive, well done :) :)

I hope you're having good days as well! I can COMPLETELY relate to how you're feeling right now - I feel the same. I'm one bad decision away from walking to the supermarket and ending this discomfort.

But... I know this from reading on the forums:

1) The bad feelings are temporary. They pass. Ive felt crap and fabulous all in one day. Now is bad, tomorrow is good.

2) The bad feelings come fewer and far in between.

3) Cigarettes caused this feeling. If you smoke again, this feeling will be caused again.

Imagine a year from now two versions of you. One that smokes still, and one who has come out the otherside a happy and confident non-smoker, who looks back on smoking as quite a strange and foreign thing that doesn't make much sense anymore

Best of luck Laura, let us know how you got on :)

This evening I have been laughing and crying all at once.

laughing at my nieces yet half hour later crying at the fact I'm sick of thinking about smoking I know I'm missing out on NOTHING it's so frustrating.

I have actually screamed in my head not out loud as I don't want anyone here to think I'm struggling.

I have also dreamt about smoking more than once this week.

Laura, sorry it is tough right now...but I promise you it will get better.  Quitting is a roller coaster in many ways.  Hope when you wake up tomorrow you will pat yourself on the back and smile for having over two weeks free!!

• Like 2

I'm sorry you're going through this.

This too shall pass.  George Harrison. Smart man.  Died from tobacco products.  Very Sad.

Find something else to think about.  Redirect your thoughts every time you think about smoking.  It helps.

• Like 2

Not sure who has it in the signature but the quote that always gets me is "The only people who crave forever are the one's who keep smoking" (or something to that effect). 

The only way to truly make it stop is to hold on and push through. 

This is so true.  I'm sorry you are going through this Laura.  Just try and remember it is temporary.

Scream, vent, kick, punch Bandito, whatever you have to do.  That is what this place is for.

• Like 1

Yep, I also had tears in week two but they tapered off in week three.  Crazy, out of the blue tears.  One day I was on the treadmill, feeling really happy with things and one thought brought on the waterworks.  No explaining it but it does pass.  

• Like 1

Well done Laura (and the rest of you guys)

The reality is that you are doing such a powerful thing, resetting your brain chemistry through a conscious decision, that literally everything can go off kilter. Patience, emotion, the senses, even your own sense of who you are.

Take heart from these things. They are proof positive that you are returning your mind to the state it was in before nicotine started poisoning it.

You are winning! Keep going.

Everybody is right, it absolutely does get better.

• Like 2

Hey Laura I'm late as usual - so sorry you had a bad day .. ((( hugs )))

Quitting can suck but the alternative is even worse !! You can do this anda everything keeps getting better ... but in the interim - vent away - we are here for you :-).

Oh and I think Nancy has a tennis racquet you can all use in the interim !! :-)

• Like 1

aww sorry sweetheart I missed this too...

Hope today is a much better day..some times it sucks....stay strong fight that crave....

It's ok to wobble....i was told....just don't fall over.....

I promise it really does get better....keep telling yourself....this is temporary.....xx

• Like 1

This is so true.  I'm sorry you are going through this Laura.  Just try and remember it is temporary.

Scream, vent, kick, punch Bandito, whatever you have to do.  That is what this place is for.

Well done Laura (and the rest of you guys)

The reality is that you are doing such a powerful thing, resetting your brain chemistry through a conscious decision, that literally everything can go off kilter. Patience, emotion, the senses, even your own sense of who you are.

Take heart from these things. They are proof positive that you are returning your mind to the state it was in before nicotine started poisoning it.

You are winning! Keep going.

Everybody is right, it absolutely does get better.

lol...Bandito, did you see the part where it is okay to punch you?

• Like 1

I like this.  Nice going. Great incentive.