Got a cig in my hand

jess

Merry Christmas to you all. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot be around people I know who smoke especially when having some Christmas cheer. Strangers oddly are okay..I mean I wouldn't ask a stranger for a cig and I won't buy a pack either. I came so close even put it to mouth...ultimately I didn't light it...still have it but didn't smoke. Just when I feel secure in my quit..I realize how vulnerable I am. I am truly one puff away of a good quit. Today I nope and I am so thankful for my QT family..without you I wouldn't still be at 2.5 months...X

• Like 17

Good for you, Jess! I know it was difficult yesterday, but you emerged victorious! Now stop messing around and get rid of that cigarette. The ONLY one encouraging you to hold onto it is Nicodemon. 

You know, I am surprised that you were able to bum a cigarette from somebody. I expect that you have already told all of your family and close friends that you have quit smoking and they should not offer you any cigarettes or give you one even if you ask. If you did tell them that and they still gave you a cigarette, whoever gave you a cigarette is a scary mean jealous person who would rather see you dead than be successful. You can see that, can't you? Stay away from that person.

And if you didn't tell them that you quit, please do so immediately. I understand that in the first week or two you might not tell everyone because you were afraid of failure and embarrassment. But you are far enough into your quit that it is real. As you said yourself, you don't want to smoke and you won't go buy your own, so the biggest threat to your quit is a get-together with family or close friends. Now that you have learned your lesson,  protect your quit-- tell them you quit and not to give you any cigarettes.  If you REALLY choose to smoke, you will have to go buy your own. 

Meanwhile, good for you for posting an SOS and for reading the responses even if you couldn't reply last night. You did good!  :)  You are now a little smarter and a little stronger than you were before. Just keep going one day at a time. These temptations will become fewer and farther between week by week. Merry Christmas, Jess! 

• Like 1

I'm not surprised you could get a cig Jess, our smoking buddies still think they are "saving" us!!  I am so releived you still have your beautiful quit, breath a lovely deep breath of relief chick. Do whatever it takes to protect YOU. You matter, to me, to us...I have had you in my thoughts all day hoping you were ok no matter what...I am so happy to hear you're this good. Well done saying no!! xx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...