Border line SOS today

Soozie

soozie you are 10 days into your quit and you got yourself through your own SOS I think thats pretty awesome please do not feel guilty or bad because you thought about it, OMG if I was to beat myself up everytime I was close I would be a soggy mess on the floor right now

please see the strength in what you did and have achieved here today ((hugs))

I think that's my problem, I have very few craves (this was my 2nd) so when I do get them they are so overwhelming and unexpected I just want to throw the towel in and smoke ... I think I would rather have lots of little one's than a couple of all dayers lol 

it's only 6.30 !!!

I'm feeling heaps better now, thanks to all of you ... I'm playing my 50th birthday party 70's disco playlist...

adding some new one's and deleting the not so good one's, that will keep me busy until bedtime ... now I've settled down, I feel like a bit of a drama queen/plonka ... I can't thank you all enough .. just hope one day I can return the favour 

Sue x

OK 6.30 is a little early!

Plonka lol reminds me of only fools ;)

If love to see that play list once it's finalised :)

Glad you are feeling better!

Aw time zones......sorry......unless you want to go to bed at 6 30....l.ol.

You'll be fine......I know you will......see if you can find some corrys to watch......

Xxxxxxxx

all up to date with corrie ... Peter Barlow ????? what do you make of that ??? and the gorgeous Tina, what is she thinking ...Peter and Steve in that bed that was hilarious ... it's all good here, I'm laughing again ... a million thankyou's to you all 

If love to see that play list once it's finalised :)

Glad you are feeling better!

at the moment Your The One That I Want is blasting out .... my daughter is singing her head off hahaha ... my birthday is going to be a great night ... now it's bee gees Jive Talking !!!!

• Like 1

Soozie, I am a little late, but you did wonderful.  I am so proud of you. Only 10 days in and you handled yourself like a pro! Congrats.

I am more of an 80"s person, but when you said 70's the first thing that popped into my mind was Captain and Tennille.  My friend and I used to listen to them when we were younger. I don't know why I just thought of that (or admitted it :wacko: ).

at the moment Your The One That I Want is blasting out .... my daughter is singing her head off hahaha ... my birthday is going to be a great night ... now it's bee gees Jive Talking !!!!

So glad you didn't smoke....the fact you didn't just speaks for itself....you really do want to quit more than you want to smoke...great foundation Soozie.

The tempting, crappy go one have one, start tomorrow thoughts do and will get less and less...seriously I swear on that. Be proud that you didn't follow the instruction, you thought be didn't act.

Head down, crack on....eyes on the prize and I hope you never, ever, feel silly or weak after posting help me....don't you dare Mrs ;)

So enjoy your music...am thinking Born To Handjive Baby...how low can you go, how low can you go...what a tune!

Off to carry on prepping the wardrobe.....catch you later...♡

• Like 1

Soozie, I am a little late, but you did wonderful.  I am so proud of you. Only 10 days in and you handled yourself like a pro! Congrats.

I am more of an 80"s person, but when you said 70's the first thing that popped into my mind was Captain and Tennille.  My friend and I used to listen to them when we were younger. I don't know why I just thought of that (or admitted it :wacko: ).

ok I'm onto that ... will google them and see if they are worthy of a spot hahahaha ... still a little bit wobbly, I'll be glad when this day is over !

Well late to the party, sorry Soozie.  I hate when those back to back craves come, whoever said it before me is sooo right..they link to your emotions too.  I hear you on the irregularity of the craves, when mine come they bulldoze me as it's a surprise.  I love that despite feeling pants about it you dragged yourself through it, I really think those moments help to "seal" our quit. No advice honey as you done it like I would have, crawl through some, skip through others...smoking cannot have us anymore my friend, we just have to wait it out till better days. xx

• Like 1

ok I'm onto that ... will google them and see if they are worthy of a spot hahahaha ... still a little bit wobbly, I'll be glad when this day is over !

HAHA- no no - not worthy- I was eight years old at the time. Probably not a good choice for a 50th birthday party

• Like 1

Soozie....forgot to say...laughed my head off at the Peter/Steve scene. Hebmakes me laugh so much does Steve.

Another thing, it might help it might not?

I know folk find it easy, almost unnoticeable, when they stop the cigs. Not everyone does do they? It can be crap, the size of elephant poo crap to be going through physical withdrawal. Enough to test the patience of a saint quite frankly. So if it is crossing your mind to smoke, as it will here and there, just say to yourself am I really going to do this again? That helped me no end....I used the elephant crap times as my ammunition , knew I had battle to do with myself...and won. As will you....I can feel it in my water.

Scream on here everyday if you need to....whatever you need to do just do it...just don't smoke ;)

• Like 1

Welllll it's not always easy, but I try and look at it as, what in life is always easy?

Stay strong. In my early days I'd listen to Allen Carr's audio book whenever I felt like I was 'missing out' or any of that rot. It was a Great comfort to me.

The important thing is, you got through it!

One more victory in the books for you.

• Like 3

Soozie....you're post brought me back to my early days...I could have written it.  Perfectly normal to feel as you do...everything..the junkie thinking..the cravings, good days followed by bad.

The beauty of it is...you recognized the junkie thinking.  That's the key!  That's where you have been educated about nicotine addiction.  You really are EXACTLY where you need to be.  Each hurdle you overcome makes you that much stronger.  Thinking about letting the board down is good....it's the accountability factor that makes having a support network helpful to keep you on track.  I do believe just that thought alone....about having to come back to the board and say I smoked...that prevented me from taking that one little puff.  

One thing to remember is this:  No matter what.....NEVER doubt your decision to quit smoking now.  You made that decision, you took action, you went through the hell week, your are into heck week....and you will NEVER have to go through it again. You are officially a non smoker...and non smokers just don't smoke.  :) 

BRAVO!!

• Like 2

Soozie, So happy you didn't smoke.  When I was a couple of weeks quit, I came across an empty pack.  I must have sat there for 20 minutes sniffing it.  The same day, I also discovered an old coffee can used to empty an ashtray into.  Yep, I smelled that too which cured me of any cravings I had.  

Even if you think it is a half SOS, post one.  It won't hurt and nobody here will mind.  Forget you in a few days?  Absolutely not!  So, glad you took this to the board.  By pushing through struggles like these, your quit is becoming stronger!

• Like 1

I know it can be haunting you in your head - 'you need to smoke me NOW!' etc. but you don't. Really you don't :)

It's all lies, you will never be happy smoker again - so imagine you smoke a pack you still wanna quit within the short notice of time! Right? 

So why through away your quit. 

You'll make it through I know you can Soozie!

Say NOPE to that voice of nicotine, you don't need it. (((hugs)) for feelings so awfull and know that if you'd light one you feel worse afterwards you create another problem.

Face your emotions, cry, shout, draw or write. But DO NOT light that cig! Capiche?

• Like 2

You didn't smoke so my post was a bit late - still remember it and know how proud you can be of yourself and how proud we are at you for posting the SOS and waiting for replies before lighting a cig.

You said earlier you were proud of me, now I am proud of YOU  :wub: 

the reason I didn't post there was because I was over the worst of it, and didn't want a false alarm, somebody else may have been in a worse state than I was and needed the help more than I did  ...  a bit like calling an ambulance when you think you're having a heart attack to find out it's only heartburn

Hey Soozie!

I'm glad it eased up a bit.

However, the above is "nonsense on stilts". I think that it is incredibly important to feel able to post in SOS. A few people follow that forum, precisely because they want to react quickly. The fact is that all SOS begin with a mild little thought and just like with the heart, the earlier treatment starts the more effective it is! We would all rather 100 too many SOS than 1 too few.

I think that you have handled it brilliantly, sometimes you just have to put your head down and grind on!

Of course I'm late, lol. Always am.

Soozie, I'm so happy you didn't smoke! You should be too. It takes a lot for folks early on in their quit to say NOPE and stick with it. Now that you're past most of the physical withdrawals, it's all mental. The junkie in you will tell you how you can quit later, or how one or two won't hurt. Be proud that you didn't listen to that crap! Ultimately, there's no benefits to smoking. It's all lies.

• Like 2

You didn't smoke so my post was a bit late - still remember it and know how proud you can be of yourself and how proud we are at you for posting the SOS and waiting for replies before lighting a cig.

You said earlier you were proud of me, now I am proud of YOU  :wub: 

Hi evelyn, it's almost time for bed for me now, I am so glad this day is almost over ... I know you have been having a really hard time recently, but you have taken the time out to help me,  thanking you ... x

Hi Soozie just seen this post, so glad you didnt smoke and you fought the urge to not have one, I have had the most awful 3 weeks of cravings, day in one after the other, its difficult yes but part of the problem is we allow these cravings to take hold and once they take hold its hard to shake them, be strong Soozie I know you can and of course we would miss you here, but that wont happen because you are not going anywhere, when you feel that the crave is there and you know when as its in the back of your mind, creeping in! push the thought away go and do something, I went and cleaned my younger son's bedroom earlier when I felt one coming, by the time I had picked up a few bits of lego and talked to the cat, it was away, don't ever feel you can't post an SOS (slap on the wrist lol) someone will always be here and around to help and support you when you need it, we are all here to help each other just reach out Soozie.

• Like 1

Hey Soozie!

I'm glad it eased up a bit.

However, the above is "nonsense on stilts". I think that it is incredibly important to feel able to post in SOS. A few people follow that forum, precisely because they want to react quickly. The fact is that all SOS begin with a mild little thought and just like with the heart, the earlier treatment starts the more effective it is! We would all rather 100 too many SOS than 1 too few.

I think that you have handled it brilliantly, sometimes you just have to put your head down and grind on!

of course you're right Bandito, all I can say is thankyou ... I'm still a little bit wobbly but thankfully it's just about time for bed here in Oz ... omg hubby is home from work on Tuesday, he smokes for Australia, thinking  I might be the first one to post a proper SOS .....I hope not 

As for running away...

Easy. I just walk up and down the streets of Perth - listening for the theme tune of Coro or the Duff Duff from Eastenders...

There is no escape Soozy!

Sleep well. Tomorrow, your quit will be stronger and you will feel better, I promise.