Border line SOS today

Soozie

of course you're right Bandito, all I can say is thankyou ... I'm still a little bit wobbly but thankfully it's just about time for bed here in Oz ... omg hubby is home from work on Tuesday, he smokes for Australia, thinking  I might be the first one to post a proper SOS .....I hope not 

I think that this is the key...I think you were thinking about how it would go once he was back....perhaps one to ponder tomorrow!

Great job today!

As for running away...

Easy. I just walk up and down the streets of Perth - listening for the theme tune of Coro or the Duff Duff from Eastenders...

There is no escape Soozy!

Sleep well. Tomorrow, your quit will be stronger and you will feel better, I promise.

ohhh you are so funny Bandito ..yes it would be easy to find me hahahaha .... 

TRUTH:  You really are EXACTLY where you need to be.  Each hurdle you overcome makes you that much stronger.  

TRUTH:  No matter what.....NEVER doubt your decision to quit smoking now.  You made that decision, you took action, you went through the hell week, your are into heck week....and you will NEVER have to go through it again. You are officially a non smoker...and non smokers just don't smoke.   :)

Soozie,

Great job today getting through your crave.  Never feel bad for having a moment where you feel weak, or for having a bad day.  That's what we are here for!  I am so glad that you made it through and I hope you sleep like a baby tonight and have a wonderful day tomorrow!

BTW, no we won't forget about you if you disappear for a couple days...your pm box will probably be full and Doreen may be knocking down your door...so don't ever think you will get off that easy!!   :)

• Like 3

Soozie

I'll have a sip of that...

You done well, you have been tested and you passed.

Embrace it Soozie, as you did this time, the next time you will do the same.

You upheld the words you have pledged here, that you would quit.

You made the choice. You protected your quit.

You could have smoked. You didn't.

We are on this journey alone, even though we have this place.

It could hit you at any time, and you absolutely can never

ever, give in to it.

You should be very strong right now. Stronger than ever, you faced your

addiction's worst and held your ground.

I am so proud of you Soozie!   :)

Markus

• Like 1

Hey Soozie - late to the party but so glad you stayed strong- and it does get better promise - in the interim remember we are all here to support you if you need it 3daa4cc69413a4a4fda538b0ecb14120_zps9b10

Morning Pippa, thankyou .... I feel so much better this morning, so relieved I didn't smoke last night, I would have been mortified if I'd woken up on this beautiful sunny morning in Perth as a smoker ! 

• Like 2

Morning Pippa, thankyou .... I feel so much better this morning, so relieved I didn't smoke last night, I would have been mortified if I'd woken up on this beautiful sunny morning in Perth as a smoker !

Morning Soozie - yep agree it is great to wake up as a non smoker - no more feeling like you swallowed an ashtray the night before 3daa4cc69413a4a4fda538b0ecb14120_zps9b10

I'm so happy you didn't smoke Sooz and am sorry I was not here for you.  Please don't ever feel how you are feeling is not as important as the rest.  Your issues are just as important as the rest.  Stick with it, it gets so much better.

I'm so happy you didn't smoke Sooz and am sorry I was not here for you.  Please don't ever feel how you are feeling is not as important as the rest.  Your issues are just as important as the rest.  Stick with it, it gets so much better.

Jenny, thankyou you are very kind  :) I really don't think I would have got through it without all the wonderful people here  :wacko:

Jenny, thankyou you are very kind :) I really don't think I would have got through it without all the wonderful people here :wacko:

You must be pleased as punch to have not given into the thoughts Soozie, so proud of you. It isn't easy when that thought process starts is it? I can remember it well. I promise you this though Soozie, that time changes all of that and the thoughts have no power or stop altogether....I promise....as I say, so proud of you...go and treat yourself to those expensive sunglasses ;)

I'm pleased you've woken up fresher and feeling better, and real sorry theday with your daughter didn't pan out as you hoped.  I think it's really important for us (both, me too!) to remember how relieved we feel the day after we had a bad crave but didn't smoke. Sometimes I bring back that feeling when a crave hits to try and remember.

Also I see your hubby is due home and he's a smoker. It was my biggest concern early quit as my fella and Mum live here and smoke. I hope it's not rude but I'm gonna offer my thoughts up front and hope it helps you some. I insisted on only smoking inside in one room that I could easily air. More than that though, every time they lit up I would conciously think "you HAVE to do that to relieve your withdrawal, I CHOOSE not to listen anymore" and then I'd crack on with whatever I was doing.  In honesty sometimes I would think maybe one yada yada, but I never gave in and decided if I were to ever relapse I would buy my own - I did that purely to make it harder for myself to cheat or fail. x

• Like 1

Hey Soozie! Good afternoon to you in sunny Perth...from rainy England!

Fantastic advice from Marti above. I'm sure you are desperate for Hubby to quit - and if he is anything like me, the last thing that will work is trying to force him to! (We are pig-headed - we get lessons while you are having the 'always get your way in the end' lessons at school) 

I'm sure that it must be a real challenge when he is knocking around puffing away.

I was lucky in that we did not smoke at home anyway - so I just stopped stepping outside under the carport.

I started my quit on holiday. The original plan was to get a headstart with the 11 hour flight. As the holiday wore on though, I decided to quit with a couple of days to go. This was because I thought - "may as well deal with hardest bits first".

So - in the morning, after breakfast, La Bandita and I went up to the coffee bar terrace for our espresso and cigarette. Except I did not have one. (As recompense - I got 'the arched eyebrow' from La Bandita.)

Then we went to the pool - lazed about, swam - all the usual holiday stuff. Just - I didn't smoke. (I kept catching La Bandita watching me out of the corner of her eye) Swimming helped distract me.

The day wore on - and after dinner, we sat on the terrace, La Bandita contentedly puffing away, me contentedly not puffing away - with some Brits that we had met earlier in the holiday (mostly puffing away). Probably a coincidence - but I was sure that the cocktail tasted better to me.

Eventually - La Bandita gushed at these people "its amazing - he hasn't smoked all day! he is making it look so easy"

What I am trying to say - is that hubby is probably bursting with pride at your quit. He will be made of sterner stuff than La Bandita - but believe me, he is watching. 

Brilliant work yesterday. Prepare for some more challenges, but I know that you can do this.

Absolutely, and I should also say that no one said anything to me but "my smokers" (lol) were watching me and how I coped!!  One quit just over a week later, relapsed and quit again and the other starts trying today! Never say never...this was a house of "lifer" smokers and they are dropping out of it like flies ;) x

• Like 2