Taking a seat

Hello Quit Train People,

Letting you know I will be seated when I get up tomorrow.

Long time to find my way back. Glad I'm willing to do this.

Not feeling confident, but again, the only right time to quit is now.

Life's been bumpy. I'm depleted and scared. Glad you're all here...and me, too almost.

Plan for tomorrow:

Sleep.as late as possible

Nope thread

Read and hydrate

Just not smoke, breathe

Best regards, 

Darcy

• Like 8

You've made a great decision Darcy, but then you probably already know that. Remember to stay close to the train, especially in the early period of your quit. Many a quit has been saved by someone here talking a new quitter out of lighting up again. It always boils down to N.O.P.E.

We'll see you tomorrow!

• Like 7

Welcome back @darcy! I am really glad you are getting back on the train. You know the drill, distraction is key. You can do this, and we’re here to help. One moment, then hour, then day at a time… and freedom can eventually be yours. See you in the morning!

IMG_5001.jpg

• Like 7

Congratulations Darcy, So glad you made it back to the train. You deserve to be a non smoker. You are better and stronger than the addiction. I truly believe your time is now to conquer this bad habit. 

• Like 5

Welcome back Darcy! I spent almost the first whole week of my quit in bed. lol I laugh about it now, but quitting smoking broke my brain. Mind bending stuff. I look forward to seeing you succeed!

• Like 6

Thank you everyone for welcoming me back. Very glad to be here.

I am healing from pneumonia as well as having quit smoking. Everything hurts.

Hoping for sleep today. Mostly just lay about yesterday.

• Like 6

Blew it.

Cant think.

Thrashing about mentally and emotionally.

Why bother, will likely die a horrid death anyway.

Will try again. Again, why bother?

Seems i have some reasons:

For love, better health, mkney, being who i want to be etc.

Yet I threw away an easy 24hours....too sick to do anything. 

Please dont give up on me.

I need someone to believe even if it isnt me.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, darcy said:

Blew it.

Cant think.

Thrashing about mentally and emotionally.

Why bother, will likely die a horrid death anyway.

Will try again. Again, why bother?

Seems i have some reasons:

For love, better health, mkney, being who i want to be etc.

Yet I threw away an easy 24hours....too sick to do anything. 

Please dont give up on me.

I need someone to believe even if it isnt me.

All the best, many have to try over and over again, never give up, no one here on the train is giving up on you!

Get better and try again until it sticks. 

• Like 4

@darcy, as long as you have cigarettes around you'll keep relapsing. When I quit at 5:30 on May 29 I proceeded to smoke all the butts in my ashtrays so my quit didn't start until 10:15 that night. I couldn't be around cigarettes or have access to them so I stayed home unless someone else went with me to keep me honest. I did that for a whole month and it was so worth it.

Get rid of the cigarettes! Post an SOS so we can help you past the crave! You have to believe you can quit like everyone else here did or is doing.

• Like 3

@darcysorry you smoked again.  don't give up.  i failed at quitting for a couple of years.  i finally tricked myself into quitting by not quitting but by not buying any.  I told myself i could smoke all I wanted, I just couldn't buy any.  not saying this is the way to go for you, but I do believe you will find the right buttons to push in your own brain to give you the strength stay quit.  sending out some good vibes for you.

• Like 5

You’ll be ok Darc ❤️ Scream, cry, punch through those craves….they DO pass…and then u do it again…they will become less and less….and sometimes that may mean u have 50 craves instead of 175 ya know but they will get less. And literally scream, cry, let it out. Your body will learn new coping mechanisms by itself and you’ll find some new ones too. Just let it out how ur feeling when the craves come on big…come here and type it out

• Like 4

We won’t give up on you, Darcy… don’t YOU give up, either! 

Please don’t surrender to the feelings of futility or despair. Addiction warps our self perceptions, and those feelings are not actually facts. You are stronger than you think, and there is sweetness on the other side, if you give yourself the chance to get there. You do need to ride out a bunch of crap at the beginning. But then it gets better.

Tomorrow’s a new day!

• Like 4

Appreciate every one of you.

Will be back.

Having trouble fighting for my life. Lots of crap and lies stuck in my head.

Feeling i dont deserve support, its too late, etc.

Perpetual withdrawal...not so smart.

Sad and despondent.

• Like 2