They ruined my favorite drink! :(

BonnieJ

I know  a lot of people here are living a healthy lifestyle now and have changed your diet and exercise routines since having quit smoking.

I have been trying to eat better and to get more exercise but I very much hate the taste of all artificial sweeteners so I never buy anything that is labeled diet.

The taste of artificial sweeteners almost makes me gag it tastes so fake and like chemicals. I am baffled that people actually like the way it tastes.

Life is short and I have quit smoking and many other things that are not good for me but sugar is just something I am not willing to let go.

My favorite drink was Vitamin water. The regular one obviously as I hate artificial sweeteners. I have always been very much aware of the fact that it is not a "healthy" drink. I drink it because I like the way it tastes. It has a very mild flavor sweet but not too sweet. Very light and refreshing a drink I could actually gulp down in no time it was the perfect drink for me.

I am so unhappy because the genius minds at the vitamin water company that makes both regular vitamin water and vitamin water zero have decided to add Stevia extract to the regular vitamin water so now it tastes like a diet drink. They already have a diet version with Stevia in it. Why have they decided to do this to the regular drink? I must tell you they still have real sugar in the drink they just added Stevia to it. This change has not changed the amount of calories in the drink and has only removed 1 gram of sugar and 1 carbohydrate. Now the drink is thick and so sickeningly sweet with an awful aftertaste.

The worst thing about this change is that they did not have the decency to make it clear to consumers that they changed the recipe so I bought a whole bunch of it not knowing it was going to have Stevia in it.

I am so angry I do not like change I did not ask for and now I am on the search for a lightly flavored non carbonated drink that has no fake sugar in it.

Sorry for the rant but hoping maybe somebody might have a suggestion for a new drink I might try.

Thanks I'm trying to hydrate not dehydrate lmao  B)

Oh..I thought that was an old wives tale.....about alcohol dehydrating me....hmmmm...what should I do now??...

I know...I can start drinking cheaper beer..it has less alcohol in it  ;) .. (

(ya know I am kidding of course)

On a serious note, I agree with the taste of artificial sweeteners.....i also hate them..i am far from over weight and eat about anything I want to, so it will be a cold day in Hell when I give up my (real) sugar....

My first drink of choice..is.....coffee..(I know..THAT doesnt help with hydrating either)...but when I need something cold and "hydrating"..I usually drink Gatorade ..i prefer the light blue colored one..called "Glacier Freeze"

• Like 1

What the heck is vitamin water lol

I like mineral water with ice and lemon and or lime

Also a new elderflower tonic water has come in the shops which is delicious not sure  if you can get that there though?

I agree about artificial sweeteners they are just bitter yuk

• Like 1

Oh..I thought that was an old wives tale.....about alcohol dehydrating me....hmmmm...what should I do now??...

I know...I can start drinking cheaper beer..it has less alcohol in it  ;) .. (

(ya know I am kidding of course)

On a serious note, I agree with the taste of artificial sweeteners.....i also hate them..i am far from over weight and eat about anything I want to, so it will be a cold day in Hell when I give up my (real) sugar....

My first drink of choice..is.....coffee..(I know..THAT doesnt help with hydrating either)...but when I need something cold and "hydrating"..I usually drink Gatorade ..i prefer the light blue colored one..called "Glacier Freeze"

I have been drinking the glacier freeze but I have to water it down 2 parts gatorade 1 part water. On the plus side I am saving money and calories but I miss my dragonfruit vitamin water.

What the heck is vitamin water lol

I like mineral water with ice and lemon and or lime

Also a new elderflower tonic water has come in the shops which is delicious not sure  if you can get that there though?

I agree about artificial sweeteners they are just bitter yuk

Vitamin water is basically flavored water with a small amount of vitamins and minerals added to it it came in some unique yummy flavors. My favorite was the dragonfruit its been a few weeks since I have had one and I am getting real cranky :aggressive:

isnt gin a depressing drink ?

Any drink can be depressing, any drink can be uplifting. The secret is to drink with good people and not on your own in a dark room watching 'homes under the hammer'
  • Like 1

sorry bonnie I haven't had any vitiam water in a few years   wal mart used to have a soda I loved it  was apple kiwi  then they just stoped making it :o im withyou on the diet drinks yuk  wish I knew something to replace you water  :(