new here, looking for strength and support

Kris

Hi Kris , I'm glad you are here . Yes it certainly is hard in the beginning but remember getting through the hard days lead to better days . They will pass if you don't smoke . The key is to starve addiction , don't feed it , no matter how hard it gets . Cravings will pass and days will get better . A lot of what's to come is dealing with associations to smoking . Nicotine is out of our system quite quickly . Every season of the year has different associations . Do give yourself patience and time and every day you don't smoke and get through the hard stuff , go to bed grateful because you've earned this wonderful freedom you are about to receive.

Tips .. oranges help with cravings or lemons ;  even holding a glass of cold water or a cup of hot tea in your hand and having it available to sip on can help . 

Hang in there , you can do this . 

If you need help , go to SOS as well , or come to the non smoking lounge , play some of the games there . It's great distraction and it will help you through and we can get to know you better . 

Congrats on making one of the the best decisions of your life. 

• Like 4

@Kris every moment that passes puts more distance between you and that last puff

Distance is strength and it gets easier- believe me

You got this!!

We got you!!

When it' gets difficult log in here to keep your head in the game

Welcome aboard

• Like 7

Hello and welcome Kris 

Congratulations in taking your life back ,from this horrible addiction...

Go to the Main Discussion Smoking Board ,check out all the great info posts,they are pinned with green .

There are lots of tips to help you along ...

You can do it ...and we will help you in your journey .......Freedom ...

• Like 5

Welcome aboard Kris.  Good call on giving up the smokes.

The challenging parts of quitting smoking are temporary.  The benefits of quitting are permanent.

• Like 6

Welcome @Kris, Congratulations on four days quit! The first few days/weeks/months might suck but once past them you never have to repeat them again!😊

We can offer you all the support to help you past them. We have members in all phases of quitting from newbies in their first year quit to old phartes who've been quit for over a year. 

We also have tons of great info about our addiction as well as a video library if that's more your thing. 😊

• Like 5

Welcome abroad the train Kris. How awesome you found your way here and to quit this horrible addiction. First weeks are tough but we all are proof you too can do it. Read and watch the videos they very enlightening and to be honest keeping busy also helps and what better way to keep yourself busy then learning how to fight this addiction. Again welcome and congrats on your quit! :)

• Like 5

Thanks so much for the welcome and encouraging words.  Had a great easy day!  Went to the tattoo

shop to get my ears pierced.  They were running a special so the place was packed.  Line around the building with smokers.  Did not bother me at all, I got this.

K

• Like 8

@Kris, welcome!  The initial days will be hard.  Glad you're here though.  Please come here often, feel free to post what you're going through.  We have all been through it and will totally relate and connect.  If you have a crave, post in the SOS forum. Just today someone kept their quit by posting there first.  Folks will jump in to support you.

I would encourage you to read through some posts in this forum, learn about the quit process.  It is hard and then it's easy.

Congratulations on the ears and enduring the smokers in the line - both of them are pretty awesome accomplishments.

Edited by d2e8b8
  • Like 5

On 6/24/2021 at 9:09 AM, Kris said:

Quit date 6/20/21, getting harder as time passes!

Welcome Kris.  The first week is the toughest.  I promise that everyday smoking is behind you, you will accumulate power and strength.  Smoking consumed every minute of our lives making us obsess about the next cigarette.  You can be stronger than those craves.  Hang around and get to know us.  We want to help you along this journey!

• Like 2

I am thankful from the bottom of my lungs, I feel better just to have someone to talk to about the process since I have smoked about 40 years, and I don't have a clue how to stop. Everyone here has been kind. Can anyone give advice about getting some sleep?

K

• Like 4

I'm sorry , getting insomnia ? Warm milk ? Counting sheep .  You got me .

I'm still looking for an answer as well but I had trouble sleeping long before quitting smoking. 

I hope better nights  are ahead for you . Keep up the great job . Hopefully body and mind will adjust and you will sleep better soon. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kris said:

I am thankful from the bottom of my lungs, I feel better just to have someone to talk to about the process since I have smoked about 40 years, and I don't have a clue how to stop.

Kris, you can do this.  I was the same as you almost three years ago.  I smoked for 42 years and had tried every possible way to quit.  I found success here.  Members here sure helped carry me to the finish line.  They helped me peel back the layers of doubt and showed me that I had the strength to do it.  

Sorry to say I did not have a problem sleeping.  You are still in the early stages.  I am sure it will improve as your quit days begin to really accumulate.  

• Like 2

Thanks Mee, I know the sleeping thing will pass, just like the cravings.  I just have to have patience, thanks to God that I don't work.  I would go crazy thinking I would mess something up. I worked in the printing industry, one mistake could be 20M for the company. Never had it happen, but would worry now.  I am heart broken for those people who are doing this while working, raising a family, or dealing with a family health issue.  NOW THAT IS TRUE STRENGTH AND I APPUALD YOU!!

K

• Like 3

I had a horrible time with sleep for weeks. Prescription meds were part of the problem I sure. Exercising helped with that, hot showers and so did Melatonin. It did pass but sure did feel brutal at the time.  Hope you find yourself sleeping well again soon. :)

• Like 3

Thanks Diane

Still no better last night, wish I could go back to bed now but this has one pay off today.

Grandson coming over to stay with me while Mom and Dad go into work for a few hours.

JOY, JOY, JOY!

K

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kris said:

Grandson coming over to stay with me while Mom and Dad go into work for a few hours.

JOY, JOY, JOY!

Grandkids are so wonderful.  Enjoy every moment spent with them.  

• Like 2