QUITTING

Jessi

Hi everyone,

I use to be a member on here a few years back and it really helped me.

A bit about me: I'm 31 (as of last month), been smoking since i was 15 and the last 8 months I've given up smoking completely and have been vaping. Went to that desperate to stop smoking but all it did was trade one bad habit for an other and make me into a Guinea Pig.

Tomorrow is day one of my quit journey. No cigarettes or vapes. I'm quitting cold Turkey as I find that is the best way for me. 

Glad to see some familiar names around still. See everyone on the NOPE pledge tomorrow and please send me quit smoking vibes. Putting my all into this.

• Like 9

Welcome back Jessi.  Glad you are taking the full leap.  I (as well as many others here) went cold turkey-- though it can be tough it is not as bad as you might think.  Come here often and we will send all the quit smoking vibes we can.  See you on the NOPE pledge page, and buy the way  the daily NOPE was a big help to me.  Keep strong and committed and you can do this!!!!

• Like 7

Welcome back Jessi, congrats on quitting smoking cigarettes 8 months ago, that's AWESOME! :) As you've probably seen and read here, vaping is proving to be just as bad so I'm glad you're quitting tomorrow. 

We'll give you all the support you need or want so don't hesitate to post :)

Oh, Happy 31st birthday too :)

Edited by jillar
  • Like 6

Hello Jessi,

I am so glad you are back to build your successful quit !

Cold turkey was just the thing for me, also.

NOPE hard and turn your life around.

Here is a bunch of stuff that got us through Your First Days Nicotine Free

and I found our friend, Joel Spizer's videos extremely informative,

especially these,

Daily Quitting Lesson Guide

• Like 5

Hi Jessi- congratulations on setting your date! fellow cold turkey here.  I found having a ticker provided great motivation for money saved etc.  The apps that showed the daily health benefits were my best friend in the early months.  I check them now and they still make me smile and pat myself on the back. 

Every minute you don’t smoke is another minute you have to make a difference in your life or the lives of those you encounter. 

NOPE! 

• Like 4

Hi Jessica.  So glad you found us.  I still Can't believe I quit cold turkey a little over a year now.  This wonderful group of people guided me through and let me know I had the power to do it.  There is plenty of information here, along with some humor and games.  We all want you to find success in quitting.  

It truly is a matter of getting through a few difficult weeks and then redirecting those smokey thoughts.  You can do this!

• Like 3

Welcome Jessi and as others have already said, stay active here as that will help you along through the early days especially. I too went cold turkey. Seems a lot of us here did. In any case, whatever your method it still comes down to commitment and some hard work to get there but it's very doable :) 

• Like 2

Hi Jessi 

Welcome back ...take your seat ,that has always been here...

You have been given great information ....read all you can educate yourself about this horrible addiction

Learn what made you go back and smoke ...something didn't stick in your mind ...

Take smoking / vaping off the table ...no matter what ...

Expect some discomfort at the beginning while you adjust ..it's all temporary...

• Like 3

Welcome Jessi.  You are making a great choice by putting smoking and vaping behind you.  Life is much better without being controlled by nicotine addiction.

Keep us updated as to how you are doing.  There is a lot of support here that can help you quit for good.

• Like 4