Everything posted by Lust4Life
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
@jillar I’m so sorry to hear of Cookie’s passing. I know that pain and I’m sending virtual hugs to you! Rest in play, Cookie.
-
D2e8b8 Is Five Years Smoke Free Today!!!
Great job!! Still kicking those butts after 5 years!!! Congratulations!! L4L
-
Gus Is Seven Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Great job @Gus!! Congratulations!
-
Cbdave is Six Years Smoke Free Today!!!
Happy 6th Anny @Cbdave! Yep to Nope 4-ever!! L4L
- October Roll Call....
- The Last 3 Letters Game
-
It's a small thing, but important to me
Love these words! I referred to that saying often in my early quit days. Now- I turn to it for other things- like eating better, exercise, etc.
-
I am back...and in need of some help.
Welcome back! I frequented QSMB when I quit in 2016. I’m not so active here anymore but soooo glad I saw your post!! You know the drill- stick close to the board! Good job getting back to The Quit! Here are some familiar words: Don’t stick anything in your mouth & light it on fire!! N O P E!!! Not one puff EVER! -L4L
-
One week until 20 years Quit.
@breath Happy Birthday & Happy 20 yr Quitiversary!! Wonderful, truthful, inspiring words! -L4L
-
Strategic Quit Planning - Choosing the time of day for your quit
Yep. Same. I had last cigarette of the night and woke up a quitter!
-
Bakon has Nine Years Smoke Free
@bakon!! Congratulations on 9 years!! That’s amazing!!! You definitely helped me along the way!!
-
Justins Intro - Quit date Sept 7, 2021
@JustinHoot99 Welcome!!! I loved reading in your intro that you acknowledged the waves of craves that will creep in. You’ve taken charge already! We’re glad to have you! Tons of support here!!! L4L
-
Kris is Three Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations @Kris! 3 months is a major milestone! The craves will ease off in time. L4L
-
Gus Is Six Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Seconds to minutes to hours to days to weeks to months … to Lido deck & beyond! You’re doing it!!!! Way to go, @Gus!!! 🎉 Congratulations!!! 🎉 -L4L
-
Jacked up and cant shake this craving
@Opah Good job!! I’m proud of you for posting SOS & saving your quit. The Lido Deck is ready for you!
-
Reset my quit day
@Tara smith Make this place your second home. Get comfy and stick around. A forum like this helped me quit & saved my quit many times. Don’t feel like typing a bunch? Play some games. Read old posts. Stay preoccupied & the crave will pass. They really do!! For high anxiety days: deep breaths. I used a straw to mimic a cig. Come to find out, when I got stressed out- my body was craving deep , clean breaths- not smoky, carcinogenic clouds of junk. I stopped using a straw after about a month. The prop was no longer needed. It didn’t reinforce the habit - it just helped me adjust. It was a familiar action. Quitting is possible. Often not fun. But 100% doable. L4L
- One of the 999 reasons I will not smoke
-
Friday 20th August 2021
Yep to N.O.P.E!
-
A welcome to newcomers
@darcy glad you made the decision to quit & regain all the things you mentioned- money, life etc.
-
The Guadalupe River
He left us great words of inspiration. This collection is on of my favorites. Thanks for keeping it flowing @jillar!!
-
10 Things You Can Do With
3. Fill with water and give to @jillar so she can spray special plants. 😎😜🤣
-
10 Things You Can Do With
1. Fill with water and spray misbehaving pets.
-
Gus is Five Months Smoke Free Today!!!!!
WTG Gus! Congratulations on 5 months of smobriety!! Great job!! L4L
-
Add it up
So…how many of you are now singing the Violent Femmes? 🤣 I was just deleting and reviewing apps on my handy dandy device. So many that I don’t use anymore… got to let them go! I came across one that I hadn’t seen in quite sometime. It was buried between useless clutter. This app was once my lifeline. It is a ticker for smoking cessation. Once upon a time I opened it compulsively. How many minutes have I been smoke free? How many cigarettes have I avoided? How much of my lung and heart health has improved? FFS is the Nicodemon’s poison out of me yet? Today I deleted a bunch of apps. I opened my ticker/counter app. My last cigarette was 4 years 324 days ago. I haven’t smoked 35,694 cigarettes. Which means $12,493.19 didn’t go up it smoke. I’m keeping the app on my phone. Just like I’m keeping my quit!! Let your numbers grow! When you add it up- you will beam with pride! L4L
- Take Two