Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lust4Life

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lust4Life

  1. Awesome quit you got growing!! Congratulations!!
  2. Lust4Life replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    Well, @MLMR - that was hard to read! Likely not as hard as it was to post!! I hope you return to quitting. It is your life & your recovery... grab the reins again and take charge!! im pretty amazed I remembered what mlmr stands for since half the time I can’t remember where I put my phone.
  3. I think you do give a shit. By venting you have extended an arm. Let this place pull you out of the dark pit. Keep your quit. Keep venting.
  4. Congratulations on 2 smoke free months!! Hard work is paying off
  5. Happy 5 years of smobriety G67!!
  6. @d2e8b8 true. Good to see you here too!
  7. @jillarThis news breaks my heart- learning what you’ve gone through. Thankfully you are home and getting stronger. Please don’t feel embarrassed about the 02! There is no shame in using equipment that helps you live more fully and comfortable.
  8. @johnny5 haha- yes, I think I was listening to Iggy’s L4L when I created my screen name. 😎
  9. @jillar Happy #5!!!! Congratulations!!🎉 Five years of smobriety!!!! Yippy yahoo! I’m sorry I missed the celebration!
  10. Still smoke free & kickin’ butts!!! I finally got all user names/ passwords reset and got back in! That and life is settling back down a bit. Since it’s been forever- allow me to reintroduce myself. I’m a proud member of the 2016 Buttkickers! I love living life smoke free! Best thing ever! I huge part of my success is from this forum and one other form now defunct. Newbies- read every nugget of info here. Post post post! Thanks for leaving the light on- glad to be back! L4L
  11. G’evening JH63- Hefty thread- welcome! Nice ppl here to support your quit from tobacco.
  12. What!?!? And today I decide to pop in and say Hello! Whoa. Divine intervention? Circumstance? That's a debate for another thread. What a wonderful day to celebrate this locomotive LIFESAVER! @jillar I think I missed your 5 year this month? @johnny5 you saved me - the SOS that will never be forgotten @BKP you slapped me into reality before my sticky quit @Christian99 good narratives @beazel games kept my hands busy @Rozuki your presence @Lin-quitting yours too @Bassman - duh @Doreensfree thank you! @notsmokinjo thank you! keeping it real @c9jane29 hey! @sgt.barney why not- @MLMR our life is our recovery! @Hope2Nope H2N - comforting @Cbdave G'day!! Your posts greeted me so many mornings and helped me make it a G'day without smokes! and so many other friends that fought to keep me on track with or without knowing - please don't be offended if I did not tag you - I'm old. I'm old and I'm having wine. I can't tag Mike Piano - no words from me are worthy compared to his.
  13. 9. Add Windex or similar to clean windows
  14. Newbies and lurkers - rest assured I did not smoke a pack of cigarettes. Way back in 2016 one of fearless leaders @jillar shared a great tool - the air cig. Put your fingers up to your mouth. Take a drag of air. I termed it pack of JACs. Jillar's Air Cigarettes. Hard to do in public these days. My security blanket was a straw, cut down to the size of a cig. That did not work for me tonight. After all these years, I dove into a pack of JACs. I'm sad to admit that this evening - all the stress of life in the USA, life in my own existance, came to a head in my own head. I've been in a state of unease for quite awhile. When I reflect back on my near panic attack this evening - I realized I did not crave a cigarette. I craved breath. The shameful Pavlovian response for decompression breathing resurfaced. I found myself with smoker's fingers married to pursed lips. I inhaled quiet air. Clean. Deep into my lungs. Deeper into my body. Exhale anxiety. Exhale stressors. Exhale my own breath- without purchased toxins. My fellow quitters have great success stories. Faded triggers, broken routines have secured their path to a lovely life as an ex-smoker without looking back. The tender path to reformation is longer for some. Do not let it thwart your efforts. The suck it up buttercup mentality is great for some. I chanted that mantra for months. Maybe years. It worked until it didn't. I did not smoke. I did not want to smoke. I was startled by my stress response. After all these years - I still require a physical motion to decompress. Do you? If no- OK If so- OK. Okay? Okay.
  15. Lust4Life replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Ginger is tired.
  16. Lust4Life replied to beazel's topic in Games
    I’ve always wondered about Dolly on the Island of Misfit Toys. braid
  17. Finish
  18. Lust4Life replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Trunk is full
  19. Lust4Life replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Scale
  20. 5. Host a party & sell it.
  21. and @Sazerac? Need updates! @beazel too. @notsmokinjo worries me... All y’all regulars need to clear it w management before taking hiatus! Just sayin’. I’m often MIA but my presence, historically, is inconsistent.
  22. Hello QT! Does anyone know of a similar forum (to QuitTrain) for quitting booze? Not AA related. Thanks! L4L
  23. Lust4Life replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Good for you for being honest. Glad the pack is flushed. Don’t buy another. Take the advice from doreensfree. Pledge and mean it!
  24. Nicely done BKP!! Congratulations on 5 years of smobriety!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.