What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

2 hours ago, reciprocity said:

But, at the end of each day we sit down on the couch in her living room, garb a couple of cold one's and watch the greatest show on earth 😍

I did not know you were there to clean out your mom's home.  That is an emotional job that stirs up all kinds of memories..  Is that the view she had from her home?  What a beautiful and peaceful scene.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mee said:

I did not know you were there to clean out your mom's home.  That is an emotional job that stirs up all kinds of memories..  Is that the view she had from her home?  What a beautiful and peaceful scene.

Yeah, Lots of memorabilia sorted through that brought up memories of a life long ago. Now, we're down to the; Holy Crap Mom, did you NEVER through anything out phase🥴

And yes, that photo is the view from the couch in her living room where she sat most of the time. It's no wonder she didn't want to go until she just couldn't manage any longer 😢

But hey! She made it on her own to a couple months short of 100 years old so that's pretty good. Now she's getting the care she needs even though it's a big adjustment for her, especially in these Covid times.

• Like 3

Tip of the Day!

Don't ever clean out the house of someone who grew up in the Great Depression Era!! They save EVERYTHING 😬

Example: Twist Ties

Twist-ties.jpg.ac37b76b42c030c6d9cd06f5638c0851.jpg

I swear my Mom saved every one she ever came across however I have only seen one bag that she ever used one on 🤔

Fridge was puzzling too. Little bits plastic wrap with 3 left over green beans, 2 pieces of mushroom and another with a dab of potato. I guess she thought she might not be able to get more food the next day? Waste not, want not or something like that. That depression era mentality never left those who lived through it I guess. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

Fridge was puzzling too. Little bits plastic wrap with 3 left over green beans, 2 pieces of mushroom and another with a dab of potato. I guess she thought she might not be able to get more food the next day? Waste not, want not or something like that. That depression era mentality never left those who lived through it I guess. 

Maybe she was feeding an animal visitor? My mom saved everything too and by that I mean even the coffee creamer and canned soup my dad didn't finish before he died in 2002. 😝

• Like 3

3 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Tip of the Day!

Don't ever clean out the house of someone who grew up in the Great Depression Era!! They save EVERYTHING 😬

I think my mom would take the bags off the maids carts in the hotel/motels when they would travel.  They don't have a landfill big enough for all the rolls of bags she has in her home.  We can only hope they don't outlaw plastic bags before we need to clean out her home.    My mom and dad are in their ninties!

Most of the time, when the elderly have to leave the comfort of their homes, their health really suffers.  I hope your mom can adjust Reci.  This has to be a tough move during the pandemic.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Crying watching Mike Brady sing Up There Cazaly to an empty MCG.

G’day Jo

yep.... gulp..... kinda put a lump in the throat myself.

Hope we did a good grand final for you all... 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jillar said:

Just filled out my ballot. Only in America will you find both an actor (Trump/ The Apprentice) and a rapper (Kanye West) on a presidential election ballot! 😂

us-2020-kanye-west-shows-off-ballot-pape

He wasn't on ours in Ohio.  Matter of fact, you had way more to choose from.  We only had four.  Can't wait until it is over.  My husband and I did our a week ago.  We did not mail them, we drove them right to the Board of Elections drop box.  Way to go for voting! 

• Like 3

Feeling slightly more high-tech than I was this morning.  I finally broke down and got a new cellphone this afternoon.  Didn't really have an option.  I needed to download an app for work and my phone was too old.  It said something about "iOS is not supported" or some such thing...I don't know, I don't speak robot.

Now, if I can figure out where to insert the floppy disk in this thing I'll be making good time down the old information superhighway.

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Boo said:

Feeling slightly more high-tech than I was this morning.  I finally broke down and got a new cellphone this afternoon.  Didn't really have an option.  I needed to download an app for work and my phone was too old.  It said something about "iOS is not supported" or some such thing...I don't know, I don't speak robot.

Now, if I can figure out where to insert the floppy disk in this thing I'll be making good time down the old information superhighway.

Congrats on the new cell phone! On mine, the floppy goes somewhere in the base of the phone. Enjoy!

326568873_CellPhone.jpg.2a8427f27e209e8160339a40ce6508ef.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Browsing QuitTrain's "Post a Song you Like" thread and drinking a few beers while both trying to follow and also trying to ignore tonight's US Presidential Election returns. 

Regardless of who wins, hopefully better days are ahead.  😐

• Like 5

1 hour ago, johnny5 said:

Browsing QuitTrain's "Post a Song you Like" thread and drinking a few beers while both trying to follow and also trying to ignore tonight's US Presidential Election returns. 

Regardless of who wins, hopefully better days are ahead.  😐

I am right there with you johnny5, desperately trying to ignor the election.  I wish I liked beer 😬.  Couldn't wait for this day to get here and so nervous for it to be over!

• Like 4