What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

8 hours ago, Wee fluffy me said:

Most people still pay cash at our checkouts even though we have big signs asking for card only at manned checkouts  and cash or card at self checkouts.. We are not allowed to refuse to handle the cash 🙄😬..  our contactless limit is £45 if you are using your card and £100 for your phone/watch.. 

We still have our pennies and I'm with Jo on the find a penny rhyme.. 😁

It's rare to see cash here anymore. My brother-in-law would be the exception. He carries around a few grand in cash all the time, just in case something comes up and he needs it. I'm surprised his pants don't fall down 🤑 He's the kind of person who trusts no one including banks and especially technology - lol.  I'm betting his entire net worth is under his mattress at home 😆 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

I agree ....Money will be a thing of the past soon ....

Bring on the barter economy...

image.png.bf1d15b31840ad66bbeafbffb7567037.png

9 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

He's the kind of person who trusts no one including banks and especially technology - 

Funny...I don't remember seeing him at any of our meetings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

It's rare to see cash here anymore. My brother-in-law would be the exception. He carries around a few grand in cash all the time, just in case something comes up and he needs it. I'm surprised his pants don't fall down 🤑 He's the kind of person who trusts no one including banks and especially technology - lol.  I'm betting his entire net worth is under his mattress at home 😆 

Hope he doesn't get mugged ....

Saggy pants 

Not a good look ☺️

Saggy-Pants-credit-okeyphotos-122832721.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I prefer to use cash...but I haven't been using it cos everyone has signs up not wanting it. I don't have tap n go activated on my card cos I have issues, believe I've mentioned the aluminium hat issues before.

Right now I'm waitin on the kettle to boil for me mornin cuppa and me porridge to cool enough to eat.

• Like 1

G’day Jo

Yep.... know what that feels like. An 8 hour day is hard enough but add 5 hours of commute. And you have to operate and be human at home at either end of that.

shit.... at least there’s a bit more sunshine as we are coming outa winter!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, jillar said:

Listening to thunder, two days in a row now! Just no rain 😞 

Well now I'm hoping there are no lightening strikes with that rainless thunder cos Cali is a fire death trap. 😞

now I'm announcing the 2020 Team name poll is open for voting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're getting rain now to go with the thunder and BOLT  lightening! So friggin cool but I had to turn off the computer for safety. A small price to pay for a little excitement. 

Just hoping we don't get anymore fired because of it........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catlover said:

Just got back from minor injuries department at the hospital. I slipped on a manhole cover, it was raining. I went a cropper! Got it cleaned up and glued. Now hobbling about with a stingy knee...bah!

Get well soon Catlover.  The doctor will see you now...

image.thumb.png.a95a42b9fbb93625b23fa3bb7fb7b717.png

5 hours ago, jillar said:

Listening to thunder, two days in a row now! Just no rain 😞 

I typically enjoy the sound of thunder.  Not so much when it wakes my little girl up and scares the bejeezus out of her.  The little gal really voiced her displeasure over that one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 8/15/2020 at 5:19 PM, catlover said:

Just got back from minor injuries department at the hospital. I slipped on a manhole cover, it was raining. I went a cropper! Got it cleaned up and glued. Now hobbling about with a stingy knee...bah!

Ouch!  Hope you're back to normal real soon @catlover!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1