What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Operation Meat Pies is still going.  We have been at it since 12:00 noon today.  I haven't counted them yet but this is a picture of half of them.  We probably might have the last tray baked by 10:00 pm.  We always had fun doing this with the grand kids when they were small but today has been pure joy.  My grand daughter is a full fledged adult know.  It is so much fun talking the adult subjects with her and her outlook on life.  I am so proud of her.  This kid really has her head on straight.  

Her Uncle stopped in to sample the pies and take some home.  I have never had so many laughs listening to them talk.  

This is what makes me so proud of my quit.  I now feel I will be around to enjoy more years of this.

0.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Natchitoches (nack a dish) Meat Pies

Not as good a Linda makes, I bet but, real good.

I can only help y'all as much as I can.

Y'all are on your own.

Love

S

Edited by Sazerac
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

Hey @Linda Thomas that's one hell of a lot of meat pies - holy!!

Hey Rici.  You are just across the way.  When my husband retires in January and we start traveling, you will be one of our stops.  We will arrive with batch of meat pies!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jillar said:

😞

a62f998e6bc7afb6db63d4b16eeccaca.jpg

We will put you on our travel list to.  How far are you from LA?  I am going to my brothers for a wedding in February.  I can do a batch at his house and come for a visit.  They would all love them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

I'm about 2 1/2- 3 hours north of L.A.   :)

1 hour ago, jillar said:

tenor.gif

I'm about 2 1/2- 3 hours north of L.A.   :)

My brother is great.  He always gives me the car and says go.  You will be on my visit list!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

a Thomas we could even meet half way in say Santa Barbara if you want. That way it won't be an all day trip for you :)

I would love that.  I will keep you up on my travels out there.  My nephew wants to get married on Leap year Day , February 29th.  He is a funny kid.  Maybe he thinks he won't have an anniversary until every 4 years.

• Haha 2