Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

Why are there no ugly kids anymore? I remember when I was growing up there were ugly kids everywhere but now its nearly impossible to find an ugly one.

Could this be an evolution thing?🤔

• Haha 2

In our house, the warden & I don't have any real houseplants other that this one lonely African Violet that we've had like forever! I don't even remember when we got it but it's been 20 or 30 years I expect. In our old house this thing would get a couple or three flowers in the summertime and nothing in the winter but it always survived. We moved about 3 years ago and brought 'The Plant'. Stuck it somewhere in the dining room near a window but the direct light conditions are not great there. It hasn't flowered since we moved here.

About 2 months ago we were moving some crap around for some reason and the plant ended up on a cabinet near a window in the front room. I noticed it was getting direct sunlight for a couple hours each morning. Well ..... low & behold after about a month, this thing developed a flower, then two , then ..............

Here's what it looks like today!

710844058_AfricanViolet.thumb.png.37b47d860390a655035df3577dfba983.png

I've never seen such a transformation in a plant ever in my life! I think it's trying to tell us it's found it's Happy Place 😍

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

In our house, the warden & I don't have any real houseplants other that this one lonely African Violet that we've had like forever! I don't even remember when we got it but it's been 20 or 30 years I expect. In our old house this thing would get a couple or three flowers in the summertime and nothing in the winter but it always survived. We moved about 3 years ago and brought 'The Plant'. Stuck it somewhere in the dining room near a window but the direct light conditions are not great there. It hasn't flowered since we moved here.

About 2 months ago we were moving some crap around for some reason and the plant ended up on a cabinet near a window in the front room. I noticed it was getting direct sunlight for a couple hours each morning. Well ..... low & behold after about a month, this thing developed a flower, then two , then ..............

Here's what it looks like today!

710844058_AfricanViolet.thumb.png.37b47d860390a655035df3577dfba983.png

I've never seen such a transformation in a plant ever in my life! I think it's trying to tell us it's found it's Happy Place 😍

Just beautiful. It is amazing it lasted so long. I think they can be quite fragile, difficult to keep healthy. So, why do you need a warden?😳😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Katgirl said:

Just beautiful. It is amazing it lasted so long. I think they can be quite fragile, difficult to keep healthy. So, why do you need a warden?😳😉

Can't say ..... I'm a Bad Boy 😆

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

For the Americans in the group, as you barbecue with family and friends today,  please take a moment to reflect on the true meaning of the holiday, and drink a toast to a soldier you may know, who willingly made the ultimate sacrifice, so that the rest of us are free to party. If you don’t know anyone personally, toast my, son-in-law, Sgt. Tony Paci, who was killed in action, in Afghanistan, on March 4, 2010. He left behind, my daughter and their 3 babies, who were all in diapers, at the time.

“Here’s to you, Tony! You will never be forgotten!” 

Love, Sita (Tony’s pet name for me, short for mamasita)

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

To Sgt Tony Paci, I can not express enough thanks & gratitude for your ultimate sacrifice. You truly are the definition of an American hero.From one proud veteran to another..Rest in Peace

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAbl3RI2c4VnSBcVbrY4c

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1scLdtW8ts-DFX2WqJkJ

Edited by Mac#23
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lol....that's what I was thinking ...win him over with food ....He,s already had some treats today ...

And more ...he's just sitting in the window ...looking for my son to arrive ...🙁

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2021 at 7:22 PM, Doreensfree said:

Got Louis the pup till Friday ....

He,s missing his family already ....I'm open to ideas to help him settle ...

Poor Guy .....

Hi Doreen. I have someone in the family who used to work with dogs. Maybe you have already done this but he says ensure the dog has a shirt or t-shirt from his favourite family member. Apparently when they homed their puppies they would give them a bit of the mums blanket to take with them. Hope he's settled in now with you 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lilley said:

Hi Doreen. I have someone in the family who used to work with dogs. Maybe you have already done this but he says ensure the dog has a shirt or t-shirt from his favourite family member. Apparently when they homed their puppies they would give them a bit of the mums blanket to take with them. Hope he's settled in now with you 

Thanks Lilley .

Yes he does have a comfort T shirt of my Son's ...

Actually he has surprised me ..he's been a good boy ....I've had him on a long walk down the Mersey 

Promenade today ...he worn out ...

He's back home tomorrow ...in one piece ...full of treats ...

Biggest laugh ..my Ted the cat has took a liking to his bed and has claimed it ..😁

• Haha 1