COOKIE 36 is 1 week quit!

joe

Congrats on being free for a full week! That first week is massive!

I know you have been extremely busy this past week, but as things return to their new normal, I urge you to visit us and stay close to this board and post often... It helps make the first year go quick... :)

Take it 1 day at a time and don't lose sight of the prize!

CONGRATS!

• Like 2

Awww thanks so much guys!! That came at the best time because it's Saturday evening...I have a drink in my hand (wine ) ...I'm stressed out if I'm honest...and for the first time this week I have a real proper urge to smoke...or at least get my vape (electronic cigarette) out

But!! I'm not going to. Because yes it's been a week and what a failure if I gave in now.

I love this board! The support is amazing. I promise to post more. It's really helping keeping me going. If you guys all did it I figure I can too

I do have a quick q. I am feeling a bit heavier this week. With some seriously bad tummy aches. Normal?! i've definitely eaten more than usual ...replacing the cigarettes with snacks maybe?! Xx

• Like 5

It could be from food.  It could be the weight of stress.  It's hard to know.  

I do know our bodies do all sorts of odd things as they heal.  For me, the oddities were so often that I stopped questioning them.  If it was more than a slight weirdness happening, I just rolled with it.  I waited for the big concern, the one that would take me to the Dr. but it never came.  Here are a few things that happened with myself and what a few others reported... sleep disturbances, stomach/digestive upset, exhaustion, body aches, coughing, lack of focus (big time).  I will repeat what others told me..if it gets bad or you're concerned, absolutely do see a doctor.  No one here can diagnosis.  

I hope it gets better soon.

• Like 1

1st of all, congratulations on one week down! The first week is often known as "Hell Week", and I think you can generally expect things to trend towards better from here on out. Way to go.

Regarding your question, I am absolutely not a doctor, but I am aware that smoking and quitting has all sorts of effects on a person's digestive system that could easily include what you've described. Listen to your body, be mindful of the tendency to overeat when we first quit, and surround yourself with healthy, tasty snacks.

Most importantly, and because I don't know how much you've absorbed about the Law of Addiction, I need to say this: once you've managed to stop ingesting nicotine, doing so will pretty much immediately re-awaken the addiction and send you back to square one. Unless you're deliberately using nicotine replacement as a quit tool and your vape is part of that, or it's a no-nicotine placebo, I suggest you get rid of it now. No good will come of temptation.

• Like 3

1 week is awesome, tonight is a hurdle which you will jump over and from there it gets easier

Your body is healing, drink lots of water, green tea and exercise, toxins are releasing and need help on the way and then you will feel amazing!!

• Like 1

One week is fabulous, Cookie!  Keep up the great work.  Keep in mind your body is detoxing...you might have all types of symptoms.  You said you have been eating more, but right now you need frequent snacks or juice...quitting sends your blood sugar on a roller coaster.  As others have said, balance with exercise and you will be fine...

671ac5ad38b6da1d7f64dce28a5f85b9.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry I'm a couple days late, but great job!!!

One week is awesome!!  

As someone else mentioned, be careful with the vaping.  Vaping equaled a non-successful quit attempt for me.  Good news is that cold turkey was easier and TOTALLY SUCCESSFUL! 

Keep us posted.  

• 2 weeks later...