im doung my own head iiiinnn

laura

So i thought i could do this quit smoking lark on my own, i dont really know whats going on anymore i go to bed each night and say to my self thats it no more, this is not working.

I know for some its a matter of just dont smoke and i could actually scream at myself. This is no joke i have been quitting smoking for likeyears now but i cant even go a day anymore im so depressed because of it. What is wrong with me.

I get laughed at now by my friends and family when i say im quitting smoking because they know i wont.

I desperatly want to i feel doomed

• Like 3

first thing....HI LAURA!  We missed you

2nd thing...why did you leave?? I will tell you why..because you listened to the chatter in your head that said...you don't need the quit train

3rd thing....all attempts on your own fail...every day you say you will do it..then you don't...then it whittles away at your self esteem....lather rinse repeat. 

Stop listening to the voices.....stop analyzing yourself...start doing

Quitting smoking isn't a spectator sport...it takes participation. 

1.  Come to the board every day....watch the videos...read the posts....educate yourself

2.  Pledge NOPE every day.  One day at a time.  But do it every day

3.  Help others going through the same struggle as you are....it helps!!

4.  Celebrate every milestone..1 day, 1 week, 1 month. 

5.  Have a plan for triggers craves--plenty of information on that here.

Welcome back..make it your sticky quit Laura.  Lets do this!!

Last and final time

• Like 5

Hey Laura.

Welcome back.

Lots of different strokes for different folks.

Me? I read the Allen Carr book - The EasyWay.

If you haven't read that, I would recommend that you do. For me the great thing was that it allowed me to mentally 'quit' while still smoking. sounds weird - but it is true

It sounds like YOU don't believe that you are going to quit. Why would anyone else believe that you are?

You can quit. If you want to, you will quit.

I know that you are an extraordinary, special snowflake and that it is harder for you. I am one of those too. ;)

You can quit Laura. I did. Doreen did. Marti did - hell - everyone here did. People are quitting every day Laura. 

We can all help you along...but you need to believe.

• Like 4

Thanks guys im so desperate for help, i have read allen carrs easyway so many times i also have it on audble and been to the clinic 3 times it just didnt work for me.

I need to jump back on the train and stay on it, marti has been so supportive to me i always tend to private message her and she always says the right thing.

You are all great.

I have to do this now

• Like 6

Try NOPE for 25 hours....

just 25...

then you will be on day 2.....

then check back for another instruction (PS it will be NOPE for 25 hours, which will put you in day 3 plus a few hours depending on when you post....)

• Like 6

Hi Laura,

Believe in yourself and you will prevail.  There will be no excuses.

Personally?  

I have rammed my head into walls more than a few times.  

I have jumped into a raspberry bush almost naked.

I've been obliged to make countless apologies and amends to many people.

I've nearly put a hole through another wall with my fist.

I've slid belly first @ high speeds into yet another wall.  

I have bled and I have been bruised.  

I have CRIED CRIED CRIED at times and places where I DID NOT WANT to cry.  

Why?  Because I won't allow myself an excuse this time.  I said, "even if I lose my job because I'm a psycho @ work, I will not smoke."  And I meant it.  And I still do.  Because this time nothing is worth more than my quit.

Devil Doll screamed into a pillow with all her rage and fury.  Others have howled at the moon.  What a montage that would be!!!  A visual collection of the maddening madness which erupts when we rid ourselves of the nicotine poison.

Life on the other side is possible but it's not easy.  Some say it's as easy as NOPE - - and that's TRUE - - but NOPE often means you will need to get real comfortable with being uncomfortable.

You can do this.

• Like 7

Just do it my lovely. 

The dread of it is greater than the doing it.

The running away is no longer working.

I have always believed in you - what would happen if YOU believed in you. 

I like Bakons plan. One day and come back.....

x

• Like 4

Laura

One day at a time sounds like a plan to me. That's how everyone does it., I can relate to that.

Here is a story...I found out today from my mother that my father walked 3 steps yesterday and 75 feet today, and this after 10 days in rehab after hospital to pin broken hip, pneumonia and other issues, He is 82 years old 

One day at a time. Last week they were lifting him in and out of bed and today he walks 75 feet (with a walker using his own strength).. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

There is so much inspiration out there, not just here, but everywhere. People overcome terrible odds to triumph.

We all had to crawl till we learned to walk,

I wish you the best! I know you can do it, b/c you've done it before... :)

Markus

• Like 3

Hi Laura,

I smoked for 40 years and was pretty much a chain smoker the last couple of years. You can do this. Stay close to the board, lots of help here. I am 2 months into my quit and I still come to the board several times a day just to read so I will be cheering for you.

• Like 3

Laura, I agree with Bakon. If you could get one day under your belt, you would probably feel more powerful.  One I first started, that's how I did it.  I told myself , "Let's see how long I can go. I won't smoke right now but maybe I will tomorrow. "  After about a week, I had too many days to start smoking again,  I also worked my tools, patches, the Easy Way, forums, meditation, gum, candy, walking, tea. I avoided smoking friends, drink, smoking areas, etc.  

• Like 4

Hey Laura - welcome back ... First off I will say - you can do this ! We all thought it was impossible for us but look around and see how many of us have done it !!

Take it one day at a time, plan distractions, do what you need but commit to NOPE - oh and stay close - the support here will help you through this :-)

• Like 3

laura, I agree with manyand Bakons plan sounds great!!! You have to put NOPE no matter what first, yell, scream, cry in public, slam doors... I don't care but YOU CAN do this hun!!!

• Like 3

I didn't think I could do it, but many believed in me even after my many screw ups. Bakon actuallay said I'm stronger then I think and he's right well lady I tell you the same

YOU ARE STRONGER then those cigarettes; just NOPE

• Like 1

Hey Laura....I'm a Newbie & just made it to 4 months. Most have tried to quit many times before they got on board this train for education & support. It truly is a "one day at a time" process but each day translates into a journey. I had given up hope I could have the willpower to do this & so had my family. But I am doing it. A diagnosis of mild COPD plus a smoking related younger bro death also helped to scare me into "getting smart!" I am very happy to hear you are back on the train. Most of us used smoking for anxiety. So get ready to use something other than a cigarette for self soothing. The collective experience & help on this site is amazing so use it to help yourself succeed! I smoked for 40 yrs. Now I am a non smoker & I was really scared to go through this process.....but more scared not to go through it. I chewed a lot of gum. Others found many other ways helpful. You're not alone. Hope you say Nope & stick to it this time. Will look forward to seeing you succeed on the site

• Like 3

Laura

One day at a time sounds like a plan to me. That's how everyone does it., I can relate to that.

Here is a story...I found out today from my mother that my father walked 3 steps yesterday and 75 feet today, and this after 10 days in rehab after hospital to pin broken hip, pneumonia and other issues, He is 82 years old

One day at a time. Last week they were lifting him in and out of bed and today he walks 75 feet (with a walker using his own strength).. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

There is so much inspiration out there, not just here, but everywhere. People overcome terrible odds to triumph.

Markus

Markus I am so pleased to hear about the wonderful progress made by your 83 yr old father! Truly fantastic news for you & your family. True grit! Also, You helped me so much in my Quit. I want Laura to know how accepting that help is an example of what support can do. I totally agree with your one day at a time. And believing in one's self goes a long way when someone else believes in you. YOU believe in your father....he will know that
  • Like 2

Laura

Markus

• Like 1