New to Quitting (this time around) and new to Board!

Hi Everyone! I am so happy to have found this board! My last cig was Wednesday at 8:00 pm and it is now Sunday at 2:00 pm! I am on Chantix (started on 4/14). Other than being so tired (day and night) I feel OK, sort of! I have hidden 4 cigs in the freezer and have been tempted but so far I've resisted and I hope to stay that way! It really helps that my husband quit a couple or 3 weeks before me, cold turkey. Anyway, I look forward to reading more and sharing more since this helps too! 

• Like 8

Welcome @catsinnc and congratulations on deciding to quit smoking and on several days smoke free already.  You are doing a great thing.  Also, congrats to your huband for quitting recently as well.

I would really advise getting rid of those hidden 4 cigarettes, maybe flush them down the toilet.  It would make for less temptation.

Anyway, I don't know much about Chantix but there are many people here who quit that way so I am sure they can give you some great advice.

I hope you stick around.  There is a lot of good information and support here on this site.  It is great to have you here.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 6

Welcome aboard @catsinnc and congrats on quitting smoking! You'll find all the help you could need or want here. We have lots of quitters who have had success with Chantix, I was one of them until I quit taking it too early and relapsed so my suggestion would be to stay on it for the recommended amount of time which I believe is three or four months.

I also agree with @johnny5 that you should throw those smokes in the garbage. Smoking just one would erase all the work your body is doing to get that nicotine out and clean everything up, you don't want that right?

Look around our boards, we have lots of great reading material about our addiction and also a video library of many of the same if that's more your thing :) 

• Like 6

Hello and welcome , so glad you found us , 

Check out all the information on. Main 

Smoking Board .. it is full of great information . 
j agree with the others to throw away those cigarettes .., after all you are a non smoker now  .. why have them hanging around , 

Looking forward to getting to  know you better  x

• Like 6

Hi & Welcome @catsinnc

Yup; toss those smokes because you will be tempted to light one up and that would ruin your quit effort. No such thing as "just one"!

If ya don't got 'em; ya can't smoke 'em!!

Sounds like you're doing great so far and yes ... this is the place to be when you're quitting cuz we're all quitters just like you so we know 1st hand what you're going thorough. Great advice to read as much as you can here. There's a lot of great info on many of the pages here. Any questiong or issues you're having, just come post about it here. You'll get all the support you could possibly want.

• Like 6

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. You are stronger than the addiction. You deserve to be smoke free but I agree with the others about the cigs in the freezer. Why set yourself up for failure but putting that temptation within your grasp. I say throw away the cigs and work smarter toward your forever quit. We will all be here to support you because we have all gone through it and are aware of the pitfalls. Don't ever be afraid to ask for help when things get tough. We got you.

• Like 7

Hi, @catsinnc! Welcome aboard. Good on you for quitting! This forum has helped a lot of people find their freedom, by sharing info and positive reinforcement. Toss those four smokes - ditch the temptation and the ambivalence and find your forever quit this time! We’re here to help.

• Like 7

Hi

Welcome and congratulations on being a non smoker.

Now all u got to do is remain a non smoker.

I kept half a pack of cigs when I quit and I've still got them somewhere but id be hard pushed to find them now.It helped me stay quit as I knew they were there if I wanted them luckily I didn't light one though I understand  why some say you should throw out all your smoking stuff

Good luck anyway stay close to the quit train lots of experienced help here.

• Like 6

Welcome @catsinnc! You are doing a wondrous thing for yourself by quitting smoking and I am so glad that you chose  to find a support group to help you along the way. We only want to see you quit. Forever. I think it’s awesome that you and your husband are going on this journey together. It’s important to have lines of communication open concerning the struggles of quitting. It helps so very much. We hope that you make use of all that this site has to offer and that we see you around here often!

• Like 3

Day 5 and doing great! I woke up with more energy and did my exercises and feel great! Yesterday was the first day I was't tired all day so I'm hoping that continues! I still think about being a non-smoker all day and I like the feeling!

Thank you all for your inspirations and cheers and to Mac#23....Go Bills! I was born and raised in Buffalo. Tonawanda and then Williamsville!

Let's all keep it up!

• Like 11

Hi @catsinnc Welcome aboard the train!  So glad that you found us.  This is my 2nd time quitting and the first time I used Chantix but I didn't know it was still on the market. You seem to be doing quit well, and that's great.  Come on here a lot and take advantage of all the info.  There is even a game section that you might like, so go and check that out.  Yes, definitely throw away the cigs in the freezer!  You don't want any sort of reminder lurking around. Keep coming on here as you will find that we are a great bunch of people.  We all know what it's like to get the withdrawal symptoms but the longer you are quit, the less they will become. Good luck to you and have a great day! 😁

• Like 7

6 hours ago, catsinnc said:

Day 5 and doing great! I woke up with more energy and did my exercises and feel great! Yesterday was the first day I was't tired all day so I'm hoping that continues! I still think about being a non-smoker all day and I like the feeling!

Thank you all for your inspirations and cheers and to Mac#23....Go Bills! I was born and raised in Buffalo. Tonawanda and then Williamsville!

Let's all keep it up!

That's great news @catsinnc!

Sounds like the Chantix is really working well for you & that's GREAT!

I like your comment about seeing yourself as a non-smoker and feeling good about that. A Positive, forward looking attitude is a huge tool in accomplishing your goal.

Keep up the great work :) 

• Like 5