The Gradual Return of Cute Lungs

Colleen

Went to see my allergist today for an allergy issue, but the breathing test is always done.  The nurse who administered it, said:  "Every time you take the test, your results are better every time".  Goes to show you how the benefits keep on coming.  Okay, so I might never have cute lungs again, but they are so much better than I ever imagined they could be.  So, to all you lurkers thinking about quitting with a diagnosis of COPD or some other lung disease it can get better and it will...your life is not over.     

• Like 21

• 2 months later...

Colleen (and whoever else was involved with this decision):

I really like this idea! A banner headline highlighting a really great post. Then a link to the original thread so the viewer can read the responses. And if someone posts a new response, that "bumps" the thread up in the listings. Great! This is a great way to leverage our best threads and re-start discussion about some important topics. 

One thing I would recommend is that the the banner head only contain a few sentences or a short paragraph (like yours does today). What we really want is a "teaser" to get people to read the whole post, then read the replies, and hopefully write their own reply. So keep the text in the banner brief and the link to the rest of the post/thread could say "Read Full Entry" or something like that.

By the way, congratulations on your improved breathing. That really is fantastic news. And as for COPD (which I have heard is irreversible) I have a friend with mild COPD who stopped smoking and 2 years later her lungs were back to normal for her age. So, indeed, the body's healing powers are remarkable.

I really like this idea! A banner headline highlighting a really great post. Then a link to the original thread so the viewer can read the responses. And of someone posts a new response, that "bumps" the thread up in the listings. Great! This is a great way to leverage our best threads and re-start discussion about some important topics. 

One thing I would recommend is that the the banner head only contain a few sentences or a short paragraph (like yours does today). What we really want is a "teaser" to get people to read the whole post, then read the replies, and hopefully write their own reply. So keep the text in the banner brief and the link to the rest of the post/thread could say "Read Full Entry" or something like that.

What you're seeing is a blog that I featured of Colleen's.  We do this from time-to-time.  When I feature a blog, it's only going to show a predefined amount of text.  There is a "read more" button at the right of the featured blog.  :)

• Like 1