Smoked AGAIN

Kdad

Hi Kdad  I am new here and on day three and really can't offer much advice. I am having a hard time of it myself. I really want to quit more than I choose to light up. I just read one of your posts on the good things about smoking which was very enlightening in keeping me moving forward. There is nothing good about it. Please keep at it. We can do this. 

• Like 4

You're not letting us down @Kdad, we've seen chronic relapsers who finally got their forever quit. What IS disappointing is you not reaching out for extra support so we can talk you out of buying that pack. 

Maybe you're just not ready to quit even though you want to because I know that when you are finally ready you'll do whatever it takes to keep your quit.....

• Like 6

@KdadHey there. I hear the desperation after having read everything on the QT. I don't believe there is only one way to quit. I believe that we try everything and anything until something sticks. I am sober 21 years from alcohol. I quit smoking, joined the QT, and then about 35 days in started to go to online Nicotine Anonymous meetings. I am linking the site below.

I am in a meeting 1-2X per day. I can listen, share, and still do other things. It helps me keep focused on the number one priority in my life which is not smoking. I am still here posting and reading. I am still refreshing my Allan Carr learnings with daily book readings and flash cards. 

In other words, I am using all tools at my disposal to stay quit and, more importantly, be peaceful.

It does get easier: we just have to get past that initial loop of denial and relapse.

Perhaps this will help you: you would be welcomed with open arms.

http://www.voicesofnicotinerecovery.com

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Kdad said:

I can't remain quit! I watched all the videos and read the posts and I still cant quit. I am desperate. I feel like I am letting everyone here down.

There is a lot of insight to be gained from watching the videos and reading the posts.  However, much of quitting smoking is just trudging uphill until you hit level ground.  Inspiration and motivation are not going to carry you up the hill, you just keep walking forward until you get there.

There are no secrets to a successful quit.  You simply must decide if you want to quit more than you want to smoke.  

I know you can quit.  I sincerely hope that you start to believe it as well.

• Like 8

You are only letting down everyone that loves you & wants you to quit smoking- no biggie

The will to NOT SMOKE has to overwhelm the will to smoke and that needs to come from within

There is no easy pill- it's gonna be tough and you need to step up

If you're serious an\bout quitting throw away the cigs

• Like 7

You haven't let any of us down. This is a tough process, but well worth the effort. You came on here an admitted that you have smoked, you didn't have to do that, that says to me you do want this. I agree with Jillar though, you need to put an SOS out first. Let us try and help you. I'm glad to see you have got rid of the rest. Let make this the one.

• Like 6

K Dad....

Hour health is more important ,than whether you have let us down ...which you haven't by the way ....

We are willing you forward ....

Having cigs in the house is a no no.....have you tried Jillar,s air cigarette....cut a straw the size of a cig and suck and puff on that ....it will give you the actions ...

Have you tried Nicolette  chewing gum ?.....get your tool box out and fill it with all useful things to help you fight ...and fight you must ,if your too win ...

Where is your SOS ???....we can't help you,if you don't let us ....it should be in your tool box ....

We are not special snowflakes ...we were all addicted the same as you ....

We just wanted Freedom ...and was willing to do anything to get it ....

You ready to fight ?????.....

• Like 6

You haven't let us down, although I know we do feel for you struggling like this. 

First thing, if you feel like you are about to smoke, post an SOS.  Wait for people to respond and try to let them help you.

The videos help a lot of people but they don't help everyone.  I know successful quitters who, for whatever reason, didn't like Joel's videos.  If they don't work for you, there are other resources, like Allen Carr's "Easyway to Quit Smoking" if want to find the book online, the website KEL mentioned, or just continuing to reach out to us.

Ultimately, as long as you think you are missing out on something by not smoking, you will still be tempted to smoke.  Realizing that nothing good comes from smoking and that the struggles with quitting are only temporary, you will be better prepared to stay quit.

• Like 4

Kdad...

Kel has given you a link ....for more support....

Put this is your toolbox too....what have you got to lose ....

And you could gain so much ....

Have you watched the 3 Documentaries here ....it was a life changer for me ....Toolbox 

The Tabacco Companies don't care how many folks die of smoking ,as long as they get thier profit....

Don't be just another number ....don't give them another penny / dollar of your money 💰....

Educate yourself ...it will be your weapon ....🐸

• Like 3

@Kdad

Sorry to hear you had a setback, but all it is, is a setback, start again, be brave, you can do it! I am close to 8 months out and I still struggle every day.  I am okay with that. The one thing I will not do is buy cigarettes. I made the decision to quit because of health issues.  If you are not afraid, you should be. You will do this when you finally realize there is nothing else to be done. You have to understand (and we all know it to be true), smoking is just a slow suicide. You have quit before, you know how to do it.  This will sound stupid, but sometimes I think the process is harder for men.  I know for me when I get overwhelmed, I just have a good cry to release the anxiety and anger at myself.  I think most guys do not see that as an option. I believe I read you were home because of disability so I don't know what you can do physically.  My husband used to go out and chop wood or take his sledgehammer to something to get things out of his system.   Look at yourself honestly, at what you can do, why you want this, why this really, really matters to you. Then do it.   

• Like 5