JohnQ's First Week of Freedom !

Sazerac

Congratulations, @JohnQ on your First Week of Freedom !

Please reward yourself, you are doing brilliantly.

and let us know if you have any concerns.

Your experience will be a guiding light for other quitters.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

Congratulations, @JohnQ on your First Week of Freedom !

Please reward yourself, you are doing brilliantly.

and let us know if you have any concerns.

Your experience will be a guiding light for other quitters.

Thanks Sazerac, the support I've received from yourself and other members here have been awesome.

Yesterday was a major break-through for me, I played my first round of smoke free round of golf.  I thought it was going to be difficult because I always smoke cigars while playing on the course, but I was fine.  Occasionally I felt something was missing, but I think it was more of missing the habit rather than having a craving.  

On the way driving to the course, I almost made a stop into a gas station for some cigars but I remembered Quittrain and my pledge so I started saying to myself "Not One Puff Ever" repeatedly and sped passed the gas station without stopping.

It felt wonderful after the golf round that I didn't fall into the Nicotine trap again, I'm determine to keep this quit.  

• Like 9

You faced a huge trigger yesterday.  Congratulations, John.  Every smoking pattern broken is worthy of a reward.

Pardon me if I repeat myself, but rewards are really important especially in early quits although welcome at any time, don't cha know.

The Significance of Rewards.

Your determination will ignite your power, your commitment and assist you in building a sturdy, successful quit for yourself.

• Like 6

Congratulations John on your first week of Freedom 

On the way driving to the course, I almost made a stop into a gas station for some cigars but I remembered Quittrain and my pledge so I started saying to myself "Not One Puff Ever" repeatedly and sped passed the gas station without stopping.

Proud of you !!!!.....A Big Pat on The Back .....

giphy-27.gif

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JohnQ said:

Thanks Sazerac, the support I've received from yourself and other members here have been awesome.

Yesterday was a major break-through for me, I played my first round of smoke free round of golf.  I thought it was going to be difficult because I always smoke cigars while playing on the course, but I was fine.  Occasionally I felt something was missing, but I think it was more of missing the habit rather than having a craving.  

On the way driving to the course, I almost made a stop into a gas station for some cigars but I remembered Quittrain and my pledge so I started saying to myself "Not One Puff Ever" repeatedly and sped passed the gas station without stopping.

It felt wonderful after the golf round that I didn't fall into the Nicotine trap again, I'm determine to keep this quit.  

This is great JohnQ! Now that you've played golf once without smoking, you can definitely do it again. The first time is always the hardest, now you know you can do it. I so remember similar things from when I quit, dreading in advance I wouldn't know how to cope in those situations without a cigarette. But of course I did and before I knew it they became the new normal way of being. Now I can't believe I ever smoked in those situations! Well done on your first week, it's the hardest week of all! 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, greenlight said:

Great job JohnQ,

I've played over 4 rounds so far but I know exactly what you are saying. My first round went basically the same as yours. I used to have a cigarette every 2-3 holes. I really didn't have a craving but as I as walking the course I thought to myself " this is normally a time I would smoke". Though I also told myself at the same time that I really don't need it and the thought was gone. These are some of the triggers that will test you if your not ready. Stay safe, make smart choices and always remember to Nope.

• Like 3