Daily counter, my journey

AK47

Well done @AK47, wanted to let you know about our tickers https://www.quittrain.com/tickers/. Its a great way to watch all the time, money saved and cigarettes not smoked add up. I loved watching mine😊 Just fill in your quit info then click save, then pick the one you like and paste it into your signature.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AK47 said:

Another day

Another struggle

This is what the early days of quitting are all about. Fighting the cravings one at a time and by doing that, the cravings become weaker and your resolve to stay quit becomes stronger. Sure, it's not easy but it's a very small price to pay for your life long freedom from slavery to nicotine! Stay strong and remember the reasons you're quitting for!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AK47 said:

Day 10

Distraction works 

But for how long!!! 

For as long as you need it to. Your mind is slowly building a new normal that doesn't include lighting up a smoke after almost everything you do or every emotion you feel. That takes a while so in the meantime, replace those lost moments with some other activity. Keeps your mind off listening to that voice in your head that's trying to talk you into lighting up again. That's your junkie voice and we all had it when quitting!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AK47 said:

Day 10

Distraction works 

But for how long!!! 

If distraction isn't working for you anymore, you could just face the craves head-on.

When you recognize them for what they are, they're really not all that scary.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Boo said:

If distraction isn't working for you anymore, you could just face the craves head-on.

When you recognize them for what they are, they're really not all that scary.

exactly so ^^^^  your brain is in the process of rewiring itself.   Learn about this, it will explain so much of what you are going through.

I think it is a fascinating process and the healing on the other side is colossal.

Your Brain Beating A Crave

Nicotine and The Brain

Embracing Crave Episodes

• Like 3

AK, 

Keep up the good fight.  It takes time and there is no substitute for time.  

You can try and ignore it, or endure it, or even embrace it.   

You can just about anything but run away from it.  Because the cravings are a part of you.

The slow march of time as you carry abstinence with you will be the shades of change you hope for.

Abstinence is a heavy burden in the beginning.  One day it will be wind beneath your wings.

The pain is transitory.  The freedom is for the rest of your life.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, AK47 said:

Sorry guys 

I let u down 

Back to day 0 

why did you smoke ?

what were the circumstances that made this ok with you ?

what didn't you understand about addiction ?

How will you build a sturdy quit this time ?

How can we help you ?

addiction is a serious and deadly business. nothing to be trifled with.  many people, many many many people have and will successfully quit smoking. 

You can be one of them. Take back your power.

• Like 2

Welcome to the Train AK 47! Congratulations on staying off the smokes for almost two weeks! Hope you quit again real soon! You can do it! Don't wait another 10 years cuz you will regret it!  Analyze why you started up again and make a plan to prevent that from happening again. Then give it another go ! Rinse repeat until you stay quit...bam!

• Like 2

You didn't let us down as much as you let yourself down AK. I expect you are disappointed in yourself for having caved to the cravings ... deflated even but as others have said, reclaim your pride in accomplishment by learning a valuable lesson from this and get right back on the horse and ride it all the way to the barn this time. You CAN do it, just as many have before you. Relapse doesn't have to mean failure unless you let it be that. Use lessons learned as a stepping stone to a permanent quit!

• Like 3

That happens to us all AK. That is the voice you need to ignore to be successful. The longer you turn your back on that demon, the weaker his voice will get. Soon enough, you won't hear him at all. Keep moving forward without cigarettes! Congrats on getting back to it right away. It's the right thing to do.

• Like 3

You really should learn about your/our nicotine addiction

From some of your questions I wonder if you have been learning about your addiction.

Put in the time.  Not only will you be educated you will pass the time well when craving.

I'll Be A Nervous Wreck Forever If I Quit Smoking

Why Do Smokers Smoke

have a think about  our friend, @Sirius 's words,

"The next time a craving plunks down on your face ask yourself, "What price you are willing to pay to own yourself?"

• Like 2

AK....knowledge is power ....

Have you read Allen Carr the easy way to quit smoking ...

This book has helped millions ....alot of us included ....

Something is not clicking ....you have to soak up all the information like a sponge ....

Sounds like you still believe the cigerette offers you something ....it's a addiction like any other ....

Sit your bum down buckle up ...and learn ....the green pinned threads in the main board is a must read ...

You can do it ....you just need to want it bad enough ....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AK47 said:

Nah 

Im helpless

However imn"t relapsing bad 

But even this occasional cigarette i wanna get rid off

Something not right 

You are not helpless, far from helpless.  You are helping your addiction instead of helping yourself.

relapse is relapse is relapse.... smoking one puff or a carton is smoking.

One Puff,  one puff , and you re-ignite the addiction.

Please do yourself a favor and study,  we can't help you until you help yourself.  

You Know Smoking Two or Three Cigarettes Is Better Than Having Smoked Two or Three Packs

I'll Quit When

'I Can't Quit' or 'I Won't Quit'

• Like 2