Daily counter, my journey

AK47

17 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Speaking of 'Perception Shift'

here is a great post from @Boo, Perception Shift

Going back and reading some of the early posts I made here puts the process in perspective.

I've reached that place of calm normality now, but I had to work through some early chaos to get here.

The view from the top made the climb worth the effort.

• Like 4

You know what the right choice should be. I have total faith that you will make that choice. The strength you seek for all difficult times and decisions is within you. You only need to reach down and grab it. I'm proud of you AK.

• Like 3

SOS board 

and you might consider composing a response to your own SOS, Pre Respond To Your Own SOS

The pre-response is a useful tool to re-enforce your resolve and also to give us clues as to what responses may resonate with you.

Day 12.  This is not about luck.  It is all about choice and commitment.

• Like 4

Keep up the great work @AK47

I agree with the posters above.  No luck is needed.  You just need to remain committed to your quit.  Quitting smoking and staying quit is very doable and you are doing the right things early on.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AK47 said:

Midday 13

Commitment..... 

Yes, building a successful quit is ALL about Commitment.

You strengthen your resolve with every crave beaten, every trigger confronted.

At day 13...you know you are winning.  Your confidence builds.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AK47 said:

End of day 13

I usually relapse around this period 

I need to push hard this time.... 

I had a number of short quit attempts before quitting for good that lasted a few days or a couple of weeks max.

I can say from experience that quitting, relapsing, and restarting a quit is torture.  Adhering to Never Taking Another Puff (even if it is for 1 day, hour, etc. at a time) is the way to go.  You will not regret staying smoke free.  Stay strong and remember that nothing positive will come out of a relapse.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, AK47 said:

End of day 13

I usually relapse around this period 

I need to push hard this time.... 

Make this time count !!!!......The difference is ....your here ....were all rooting for you ...

We want to celebrate Two weeks with you ...

Ummmm.....don't make me get the frying pan out AK...

• Like 5

In your mind you know that remaining smoke free is what the ultimate goal is. Plus, deep down you know that you can do this. Just grab the bull by the horns and cease this phenomenal opportunity for a healthier life. Reach deep AK.

• Like 4