Daily counter, my journey

AK47

I'm sorry to hear you have chosen to give up on yourself because who knows when you'll feel ready to try again. Could be years and will that be too late? 

This isn't about us, it's about YOU & your future. It's a matter of what you really want for yourself years down the road. Please give it more thought!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

I'm sorry to hear you have chosen to give up on yourself because who knows when you'll feel ready to try again. Could be years and will that be too late? 

This isn't about us, it's about YOU & your future. It's a matter of what you really want for yourself years down the road. Please give it more thought!

I didn"t give up 

I just want to be perfect 

Not having that stumble stone every now and then 

• Like 2

AK....we will be here ...when you are ready to take your own life seriously ....

Once you have distroyed your lungs ...there is NO going back ....

We can only give you the tools .....you have to do the work ....

Knowing what you have learned here and Allen Carr....I would imagine it would be hard to go back to smoking without thinking differently....

I wish you well...

• Like 2

Have you got a plan AK...???

What Are you going to do different this time ????

You can commit .....you just need to want it bad enough ....

Same rule ...Don't stick anything in Your mouth and Set Fire To It ....

Buckle up.....

• Like 1

AK.  Time to look at the title of your post.  Daily counter, my journey.

Here's how a daily counter should work:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.....

Here's how a daily counter should not work:

1, 1, 1, 1, 1.....

Day one is hell.  Why keep putting yourself through that?  Time to string those days together.  

image.png.6179e757ba08907099565a716429b184.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Have you got a plan AK...???

What Are you going to do different this time ????

You can commit .....you just need to want it bad enough ....

Same rule ...Don't stick anything in Your mouth and Set Fire To It ....

Buckle up.....

I need a plan 

Tell me yours plz

• Confused 1

My plan was to give up smoking and try to live a little healthier. It wasn't easy for the first couple of days but I was committed. I thought about how I wanted to make sure I got to see my niece and nephew grow up. I guess what I'm saying is that you have to first be committed to the quit. Plus, have long term goals that you can focus on to help keep you on the right path. Add a good support system and that's a good start to a quality quit.

• Like 2

Quitting smoking was probably the most turbulent period of my life and it did rock me to my very core at times having to will myself to just not light one up for another moment at times. I can remember being on the edge several times. Thankfully I somehow found the will power to keep saying NO! Just delaying it for a few minutes. As Doreen said about her plan .... just sticking to your self commitment not to smoke again no matter what ...... that's really all quitting boils down to. I really does get easier over time as well - that's not BS. It just happens very, very slowly. So slow you don't really notice it day to day. 

Yes, the sleepless nights, the anxiousness, anger and frustration and other symptoms certainly don't help at all and neither does the fact that time seems to be standing still in those early days but it's all part of the quit process. Grit your teeth and power through those early days. Once through, those hellish days will never return :) 

• Like 4

Day Two AK ....well done ...

Being a doctor you should know about all the poisons a smoker feeds into their bodies every day ...

20,30,40 times a day ...yet .

When we Quit were always surprised at the change in our bodies ....and get inpatient..

This is not a quick fix...your body has to adjust ....

I didn't sleep at all for weeks...I was here 24/7....learning all the time ... understanding why I was going through certain feelings ...

I still didn,t know for a while whether I had saved my feet from amputation ...I had that worry too....

Maybe if you came here and talked things through....got it out instead of bottling it all up ,it might help..

Whatever your feeling ...there are people here who will have gone through it too

Have you been to our Daily NOPE thread ????....

It's a powerful tool.....and a great way to start your day ...it's a promise to yourself ....

Maybe you should come here more often and join in ...make friends ...instead of a quick  pop in ...

Some people need more support than others ...

• Like 4

Hi AK, I'm so glad that your giving it an honest go of quitting. You can't get any better advice than from theses 2 people. I'm still early in my quit as well but it definitely helps to be on this site more often and get involved. The daily NOPE (not one puff ever) pledge is another good thing as well. Take all the help and support from this site to heart. Everyone has been through this liberating journey that you have decided embark on. They know what to expect and how to combat the pitfalls. Hang tough, you're not alone in this struggle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AK47 said:

Day 2

Insomnia & stress

But i don't think that due to cessation...... 

Insomnia when quitting is a pretty common symptom for most of us AK, the stress though is probably a combination of everything going on in  the world and quitting. Congrats on two days quit. Stick close and buckle down. Shout out to us if you feel yourself caving to a crave so we can talk you past it. It really does work IF you want it too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AK47 said:

Middle of the day 

Stressful but committed 

Severe insomnia too... 

No problem i"ll stick to rule

NEVER TAKE A PUFF 

i"ll update u by the end of the day 

Good work ...Half way through another day !!!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, AK47 said:

Tonight i fight

Day 3

Thanx freinds for being around 

After 3 days all the nicotine has left your body ...how cool is that ....I bet it hasn't been free for years ...

It's just you fighting your thoughts then AK..

Your stronger than a thought ....your in control ....keep fighting !!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well done AK, we knew you could do it. Keep going!! Oh and why not make a ticker for your signature? You can watch all the time, money and cigarettes NOT smoked add up. I loved watching mine that whole first year plus it showed me what I stood to lose should I cave to a crave! 

https://www.quittrain.com/tickers/

• Like 3