Daily counter, my journey

AK47

Stay vigilant, A.  You quit smoking !  You will now adjust to new patterns and new ways of dealing with things.  This is a part of your rewarding new adventure.

Remember you are not losing anything by letting go of a deadly addiction, you are gaining a profound trust in yourself by putting the poison aside.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AK47 said:

Midday 9

Hope one day i don"t feel something missing or envy smokers 

Hope it"ll be easy & smooth without struggling 

Envy ?  Missing something ?

Envy of smokers poisoning themselves and everyone around them ?  Envy ?

Missing something ?  Missing committing slow suicide ?  Missing torturing yourself and your family by having them watching you suffer and die an ugly death ?

Please examine your envy and what you feel your are missing by quitting smoking.  The only thing you are missing are the lies of addiction.

A certain amount of struggle may be necessary .  What is easy and smooth ?  Is there anything of great value that comes easy and smooth ?

Your struggle will not last long and can be somewhat alleviated when you begin to understand the changes taking place in your body/mind.

You can choose to make this easier or harder on yourself. Think about a perception shift.  You are freeing yourself from addiction.  

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

Exactly right, A,  manage 10 (or less) minutes.  These episodes will get shorter and with longer intervals in between where smoking never crosses your mind.

Any ideas? 

• Like 2

Breathe !  Just breathe through them and look at something beautiful to help the endorphins kick in.  Concentrate on the beauty. Think of a beautiful memory.  Look at that light on that leaf or a favorite photograph or the light in your children's eyes.  Listen to a favorite piece of music.  Savor a delectable section of orange.  Beauty is all around.  Find some.

• Like 4

I like to close my eyes and just take slow controlled deep breaths. Also, I like to find a project to get involved in. Anything to give my mind that little short term distraction from the cravings.

• Like 5

Deep breathing is good A....take in some of that lovely fresh air ...

I used to sing too.... top of my voice ...who cares who is listening ...blast out your favourite tunes ..

If your home ..shower,do puzzles ....anything ....only one no no here ...smoke ...

Your doing great ...

• Like 3