Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nicole Diver

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nicole Diver

  1. I love it!!! You pull it off well.
  2. Beth I LOVE your ticker. I am all about the skulls.
  3. Happy Birthday! Blowing out the candles this time won't be as tough ;-)
  4. Evelyn, you are such a strong person. You don't give up and you know when to ask for help, we could all learn from that. I know times can be so hard, but we are always here for you!
  5. Yessss!! Well done pretty girl.
  6. Jess, have you read Allen Carr's book/listened to his audible? I kept those nearby at all times when I first quit. To me, I thought cigarettes symbolized better times when I was young and carefree, and I held them tight with a literal death grip. Then I started reading Allen Carr and I cannot even tell you how much it helped me. Any time I thought I was "missing out," I'd turn on the audible in my iPod and it got me through many a tough situation. (I could probably still recite most of the friggin thing from memory.) For some, quitting is not an instant thing. It takes some work - but that is ok! There is nothing in life more important. Honestly nothing is more important than saving your own life, then relationships with family and friends etc fall more into place. Once the scales fall from our eyes, we realize smokes=death & destruction of health and wealth. That's all they are. Anything else is just NOISE from that dying junkie. Now that I am a bit farther away from the quitting process I am just simply amazed at the big con I believed in almost 100% for so long. That's alright though, we can't change the past, we can only change the present and the future. You are gorgeous and you have a gorgeous life ahead of you. Just stay the course and chalk them up as bumps in the road. Well done Jess.
  7. Awesome and so inspirational. Your skin looks great too, love the new pic.
  8. You did it, one week! It may not always be easy at first, but there is nothing more important than kicking this addiction to the curb. It may or may not take a little bit, everyone is different, but it's going to get so good for you!
  9. Gabby this is awesome! This is a HUGE milestone. Very proud of you.
  10. Nicole Diver replied to rowlyd's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Very true. Rowly, it may not always be easy, but not much in life is. It will always be worth it. Well done staying tough, you handled this just the right way.
  11. Oh my gosh!! Please let us know anything we can do. We really missed you too.
  12. Hope you feel better!
  13. You and your pooch are in my thoughts. There are no words.
  14. feeling better yet?
  15. There are so many pro's to quitting, and you nailed a few of them. It's not always instantly easy for all, but it is likely the most important decision you will ever make. And any discomfort is so temporary!! Or else no one would stay quit. .
  16. Sounds lovely to me. I had too many E L Fudge cookies myself last night. Now have some 7 up and put a cold wash cloth on your forehead and lay back down.
  17. I was In pretty much that same spot last time I quit and then relapsed myself for 5 years. But I didn't have any outside support that time. Stay close and we will cheer you on through this. I'd give anything to have that 5 years ( and the $$!) back. A relapse will only make you feel 100x worse. This sucks for now, but it will pass. You are still good to go. Let me know please if you need anything.
  18. This. Is what success looks like. Here's to you Beth!
  19. We'll be here waiting ;-)
  20. In my opinion the urge to smoke after long period of time is due to still thinking that smoking does something for a person. Thankfully, reading Allen Carr was what finally made me understand this addiction and help me to get past it. I never ever wanted to quit. I was just a smoker, That was just who I was. So I thought. If there is hope for me, there is truly hope for anyone.
  21. Welcome Yab! Congrats on a great decision. It may not always be peaches and cream, but most things worth doing aren't. We are here for you every step of the way.
  22. Great job Nat! I am so proud of you.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.