Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Katgirl

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Katgirl

  1. NOPE! Not today.
  2. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9
  3. Me, too. This point system seems screwy. Sometimes I get 5 points for a post, sometimes 10, other times, it seems like I don’t get any… I think the system is rigged……🤔 case in point, I just posted 3 times, to 3 separate threads, and my points til next promotion did not budge. WTH!
  4. Katgirl replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    Clearing the smoke out of your lungs and the fog out of your brain, at the same time, will make you a new and improved MLMR. What’s next? For me, it will be getting back to my exercise routine, and perhaps stepping it up a level…….literally. 😊
  5. Yes, I figured as much. Great exercise. So you went from smoker to exercise nut. I like your style. I am going to try to really commit to getting in great shape, when I get home from vacation, in a week, or so.
  6. Galaxy is a good phone. I have @ galaxy Note 9 that I gave to my boyfriend. It is an Android, though, and I found it more difficult to figure out, than an iPhone. You know you can pay the phone off in installments. They are so pricey, that is what I do. .
  7. I thought their add says you can get a free one, if you get 5 G service, which is the wave of the future. I saw it on TV.
  8. Order an iPhone 12. It’s a nice light, smallish phone. It has the best camera in the industry, and iPhones are more intuitive than androids, so easier to figure out, for people of a certain age. So what if you have to wait a bit, for it. Sometimes, good things take time. I got the blue one.
  9. I have Verizon, and have literally tried all other major carriers. It is the most reliable network, IMO. It is also the priciest. When I wanted an iPhone 12, only AT and T had them in stock, at the time, so I have an account with them, too. They are also reliable. I would go with either of those 2 Providers. Which phone do you want, @jillar?
  10. @Doreensfree, you’ll probably be “Conductor of the train” by tonight some time….😂
  11. Jesus, @Abby! That had me in tears! How awful for her! I hope she saved some kids from picking up cigarettes, and helped others quit. What a powerful video. I have to admit to not having watched any of the available videos on our site, because I knew they would just upset me. I am very sensitive. Also, I am committed to quitting, so don’t feel I need to see them. I know how bad smoking can be. It may be why I have cardiac issues. It may be why I have recurring Diverticulitis. I read recently that you are more susceptible to it, if you smoke. I only hope I have quit soon enough, that I have substantially more time to spend with my loved ones, before I leave this world. I hope that for all of us here….
  12. @jillar, Barney picked me, too. I was all set to pick up an all red male Cockapoo, from a litter of 6 or 7 pups, when Barney, an Apricot colored one, ran up to me and would not leave me alone. He has been glued to my side, ever since.
  13. @Abby, don’t make yourself crazy trying to save the world! It’s an impossible task. I do admire your passion, but you can’t fight multimillionaires, and win. It would be like David and Goliath, with the expected outcome, rather than the miraculous one. All we can do is keep our quits, and stop giving Big T, the casinos and liquor industries OUR money.
  14. Are we talking bicycle or motorcycle? Since you mentioned climbing , and it’s an exercise thread, I am guessing bicycle…
  15. It is amazing how long a well housebroken dog will hold his urine. Sometimes , I forget to let Barney out, and then he will go outside and pee a river. Poor doggie. Bad doggie mama sometimes…😳
  16. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -8
  17. Katgirl replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    Prices on everything have increased 5% over the past year. A microchip shortage has driven the price of cars up, including late model used cars. I just sold my 2015 Mini Cooper for $1500 more than what I paid for it 18 months ago. I leased a brand new Honda CRV Touring. It’s much more practical for our cross country trip. I was able to find a leftover, several months back, so got a good deal, considering what is happening in the automobile industry. Gas prices are up, too. Food prices are rising. It is not looking good. I hope things settle down. We desperately need to return to normalcy. I now go out unmasked, but always prepared to put one on. CDC guidelines say no need for mask, if fully vaccinated. They claim the vaccine will protect us from the new variants. I guess we shall see.
  18. Binge watching Virgin River on Netflix..
  19. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6
  20. @Kris, good job reaching out, when the devil gets in your ear and tells you to light up. I like your strategies. Staying in your PJ’s , so, you aren’t ready to go out to the store and buy cigarettes is genius! I’m from California, so that wouldn’t work, for me. People dress any which way to go out. 😂, including me. I went out to the store, for cigs, in my PJ’s, many times. No one blinked an eye. keep up the good work, and, as already suggested, get your ticker started. Looking at it, daily, really does inspire us to keep up the good work. There are directions available on how to set it up. Keep on keeping on…😊
  21. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6
  22. I remember how upset I was when the laws were enacted that prohibited smoking in public buildings, including bars and restaurants. They were enacted to protect people from second hand smoke, and the dangers to public health.I hated to have to go outside to smoke, especially in winter. I lived on the east coast at the time, so it was really cold. Of course, there were exceptions to the law. Casinos could have designated smoking areas inside. Why? MONEY! The casinos didn’t want gamblers taking smoke breaks, when they could be losing yet more money at the tables. Industries with deep pockets will always find a way to fulfill their agenda. Greed will always win. Sad, but true. We could try to fight, but have little chance of winning any battles against the Tobacco Companies or the Casinos. We simply don’t have the resources to wage such a fight, even though we know that morally, we are in the right.
  23. I just want to get to the next level. It has a cooler name. The one I’m at now is lIke, “duh! I am here everyday. Of course, I should be recognized as a Regular”…. It’s a no brainer….They should have called me that a couple of weeks after I joined.
  24. Katgirl replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    If I contracted COVID, I am at high risk for serious complications, too. I have heart issues, so got vaccinated as soon as I could. My cardiologist was instrumental in getting me to quit smoking. He was so sincere and passionate, when he urged me to quit, that I actually took his advice. It took me a couple of weeks to convince myself to comply, but I knew he was right. Smoking doesn’t just affect the lungs. It damages the cardiovascular system, too.
  25. Katgirl replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Push his buttons

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.