Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Katgirl

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Katgirl

  1. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6
  2. Katgirl replied to Linda's topic in Off The Record
    If you gained weight and are now a size 8, I expect you look great. Relax. 😀
  3. Katgirl replied to Linda's topic in Off The Record
    Cut yourself some slack. I started exercising as soon as I quit, so I wouldn’t gain weight. I am already a bit overweight, so was really motivated. I ended up losing 10 pounds, but am sure I gained it all back, while on vacation. I am looking forward to getting back to my routine, after I arrive home, in a few days. 20 to 30 min. of cardio, daily, does wonders.
  4. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  5. Katgirl replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Wheezily smoking cigs
  6. The addict brain comes about as a result of his or her addiction. The addiction, itself, causes chemical changes in the brain. Those changes result in addictive behaviors. Put simply, habitual use of an addictive substance, causes one’s personality to change. It is the addiction that causes the addictive personality, not the other way around. There is a lot of literature on this subject. I have studied this subject, intensely, and even treated addicts during my professional career.
  7. Well, why would I want to see a kitty get stolen?
  8. Who would want to watch a poor kitty being kidnapped?
  9. Who would kidnap a kitty?
  10. For me, sometimes seeing a butt on the ground, especially a long one, triggers a desire to light up. But, it is a fleeting thought, dissipating quickly, like a puff of smoke….
  11. Found xylophone on a parkway
  12. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  13. Nicotine’s more addictive than heroin. Therefore addictive personality doesn’t’ reallly cone into play. One might start smoking in High School, to be cool or fit in. Before you know it, you are addicted to nicotine. It is then that you become an addict. No one plans to be an addict, but once you are, then the addict personality develops. Attitudes towards smoking change. It becomes a need, not just a means to socialize , or to fit in with a certain group. Anyone can become an addict, given the right, or perhaps ,more aptly, wrong circumstances. Once you are addicted to a substance, is it easier to become addicted to something else? Perhaps you become more likely to try something new, like you were open to trying cigarettes. Can you then become addicted to another drug, or food, or gambling, or whatever? Sure. But is there an inherently addictive personality? I don’t think so. The vice causes. addiction, not the personality of the smoker, drinker, gambler, etc.
  14. I’d like to know , why does Alopecia exist? Thankful to not have it…. Sorry for women who do
  15. Why don’t we dump our extra hair on them?
  16. WTG, Paul! You are doing it. 😀
  17. NOPE! Not today.
  18. Katgirl replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Mild weather pattern
  19. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  20. Kindness is lost, not sustained hjklo
  21. @Kris, I think that’s a common response. I know, I have had the same feeling. I even think some of us believe we don’t deserve to succeed at quitting, as sad as that sounds. But we do deserve to quit and live a healthier lifestyle. I do, you do, and everyone here does. Keep up the good work. You’ve got this!
  22. Katgirl replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Soup
  23. NOPE! Not today.
  24. Katgirl replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Apple

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.