What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

^wot she said.... Your lot call it the clap...our lot call it the Jack.....we also call the little white ball in lawn bowls the jack....and we call the cops the jacks....not sure what the connection is between the 3 but good luck coming here and not growing up with the language.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I believe I have finished the Margaret Mary PhD Valise.

Will take pics later...sit with it for the afternoon and see if it is ready.

You be careful @Doreensfree, my darling Smut Sister, with all this new information.

Don't let anyone give you the Jack when you are in Kangaroo land !

• Haha 4

Listening to my oldies, just listened to Louie  what a wonderful world, sat back and realized I have been truly Blessed in my life.

I reminisced back to my first wife, we were not in the best place and sometimes she would get feeling down.  I would hug her 

get her in the truck and take her down Rosecrans blvd.  This is a place were Families were living in cardboard boxes along side

the railroad tracks, a very sad sight to see.   After, we pulled into our drive way, no words were said it was obvious she felt better

about where we were.

• Like 3

The Boxes at the top open, the one with holy medals reveal the lavender pointer and the one w/ crosses holds the pen/pencil set.

The two little boxes on the right open, the top one holds a digital recorder the bottom holds my grandmothers rosary beads.

The blue purse has a tin of 'atonemints' mints.  The books are a blank book, the flask, an old copy of Mr. Boston's cocktail guide and an Oxford dictionary.

The box that just looks silver has a little praying girl statue and holy card collage.  The holy cards on the left are loose and can move around.

The plasma ball is battery operated and extra batteries and extra ink/pencil leads and erasers are in the box that it sits on.

Daughter In law is getting her PhD in religious ethics

so, I got to use up a bunch of my religious ephemera.

The pen/pencil set is really nice...they are beautifully weighted and write like liquid.

The flask is filled with a nice Cognac.

I think it came out well.  The engineering of the boxes that open work really good.

They are screwed in and open/close easily.

Everything stays in place snugly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OMG @Sazerac....stunning, and so precious. Including your grandmother's rosaries is the thing that will make this a true treasure. I absolutely love this. 

Me...sitting at the quacks waiting to have the kid seen in the treatment room...new piercing so swollen the head of earring has disappeared into the piercing...so it's inside her ear.

Here's the back of the earring...

IMG_20191006_210908.jpg

But where's the front of the earring...

IMG_20191006_210926.thumb.jpg.8eece6e241287de51df7222cf65dc295.jpg

Edited by notsmokinjo
Pics
  • Sad 5

32 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

OMG @Sazerac....stunning, and so precious. Including your grandmother's rosaries is the thing that will make this a true treasure. I absolutely love this. 

Me...sitting at the quacks waiting to have the kid seen in the treatment room...new piercing so swollen the head of earring has disappeared into the piercing...so it's inside her ear.

Here's the back of the earring...

IMG_20191006_210908.jpg

But where's the front of the earring...

IMG_20191006_210926.thumb.jpg.8eece6e241287de51df7222cf65dc295.jpg

Wow Jo ..Awful ..the same thing happened to my Nicky too....after the procedure to remove it ..we didn't bother with earrings.....hope it ok ....hugs to Birdy xxx

• Like 4

So 3 injections of lidocaine latter and it held just long enough to pull the earring through the back. Guess those studies that said locals don't work on red heads were on the money. She did get a Slurpee and a golden gaytime Krispy Kreme donut out of it.....omg the donuts taste just like the icecreams.

• Like 3

Well, I really will stop now.

I switched out The Boston Bartenders Guide

(will send that to her on another occasion)

for a small New Testament and Psalms...

and covered the Dictionary (and the New Testament).

It looks better and makes more sense.

Filled up the Flask with Cognac and ready to send, possibly tomorrow.

Thanks for all your compliments and help with this.  Y'all are great muses.

• Like 4

As long as you left the Cognac in it should be alright.  Seriously though, what a thoughtful, beautiful gift and I can tell how much fun you had putting it together and finding just the right pieces.  Lucky daughter-in-law you have and I bet she already knows that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Figuring out where to put what on the forum 😛
And sipping water every time my junkie mind wants to seduce me to "come over to the dark side"
AND getting really annoyed by one of my cats who only finds me very interesting when sitting behind the computer and decides it's great to stroll in front of my monitor and back again over my keyboard..
Oh the joys of being a cat own...slave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2