What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

1. Feeling slightly jealous of @WeegieWoman's view.

2. Watching a cooking show teach me how to make a Thai fish soup...looks much quicker and easier than my usual recipe.

3. Waiting for the cupcakes in the oven to be finished cooking.

4. Thinking the food channel might not be the best middle of the night option for an insomniac.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, mightyboosh said:

Going to see the nurse in a couple of hours to be nagged about quitting smoking. Little does she know that I have, tee hee!

Oh !!!!.... That will give you  the biggest Buzz.....She  will be so proud of you ....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Oh !!!!.... That will give you  the biggest Buzz.....She  will be so proud of you ....

It did and she was. It was nice to also say that I'm exercising more and eating better. 

Blood pressure was good and it will be interesting to see if my cholesterol is better due to all the wiser things I'm doing now. She did say that quitting may not improve it but we'll see.

My weight is down from last year, only 4 lbs, but I'm well chuffed because of the quitting and consequent potential weight gain problem. I''m not on a diet as well it's just the better food I'm noshing due to my new superman taste buds. I'm really enjoying that side of quitting.

• Like 3

I went to the quack today for a skin rash (don't start lol) a B12 shot (yay!) and a flu shot.

Really groovy quack, I like her v. much...intuitive and offered holistic alternatives.  V. cool.

All around the office were 'stop smoking' paraphernalia.  I am SO glad I am rocking a solid quit.

Now, off to swim.

It was funny, the clinic here in the French Quarter, they ask about alcohol and in a teasing way say,

'you drink socially....right ?!'  made me laugh. 

Nobody tells their quack how much they really drink...just a few...socially, you know or, wine with dinner.  lol.

I didn't grab a cocktail for the walk up but, did for the walk back.  I love this city.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Sazerac said:

what does that mean ? lol

Oh....I'm being a bit cheeky .... One of our lovely newbies thanked @jillar for giving them the JAC earlier in the week so down here one defo wouldn't tank anyone for givin them the jack...well maybe a lawn bowler...so I've been stirring me mate Jill ever since....there's a song about it an all...so there you were off to the docs for a rash and I had a stir...all a good jest....even if there is no rash associated with The Jack.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Darling Down Under Person, Loony Bird, My Beautiful Friend,

I knew your were being cheeky but, what does 'givin them the jack mean' ?  I am laughing but, I don't really know why.  lol

4 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

down here one defo wouldn't tank anyone for givin them the jack...

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

I knew your were being cheeky but, what does 'givin them the jack mean' ?  I am laughing but, I don't really know why.  lol

Don't worry about it, you're too young for all this. Think of nice things instead like fairies.

image.thumb.png.f6fc6636d3329ac4cec83d46110a9502.png

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Darling Down Under Person, Loony Bird, My Beautiful Friend,

It's slang for Gonorrhea saz lol 😄😄

• Haha 5