Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

6 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Be gone storms … fed up with strong wind ( lol )..

New game Find the Wheelie Bin .

I hate those strong wind storms too. Wind can do a lot of damage once it gets to a certain strength.

You people on the west coast of England have been getting it bad this winter. Even worse on the west coast of Ireland & Northern Scotland. I saw wind gusts of about 150 km/hr along the west coast of Ireland last week or early this week. That force will do damage for sure!

Hopefully things will settle down for you soon :100_pray: 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice to be back but being away was pretty good too!

Hald Moon Cay; Bahamas:

1164483442_HalfMoonCay3.thumb.gif.b1d33fb27f0546bd45d0b7e56088af3b.gif

Los Colorados Wildlife Sanctuary - in Cartagena Columbia; S.A.

Parrots.thumb.jpg.fa61cc5e59b9616f12badb133a4d86bc.jpg

Old Town Cartagena; walled city; South America.

1884725744_OldTownCaragena.thumb.jpg.4e5ed13b53ea1007441c499e38408b10.jpg

• Like 4

This cruise was actually two back-to-back cruises on the same ship; Holland America Rotterdam. It's a newish ship, about 4 years old. Very nice ship. Not one of those 6-8,000 people monsters so not overly crowded. We had a lot of sea days on this one which was fine with us. Relaxing by the pool while shaking off the winter cold :) 

We stopped in The Bahamas, Curacao, Aruba, Caragena Columbia then did a partial transit of the Panama Canal. Also stopped in Colon Panama then over to a stop in Costa Rica where we went for a tour to a beach community up the coast called Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, a heaven for back-packers and other "naturalists".  Last stop was Grand Caymen before heading back to Fort Lauderdale.

There was an interesting fruit/veggie market in Curacao. Venezulan men bring all sorts of fruit & veggies 37 miles across ocean waters in small boats to the Island of Curacao and set up a market to sell them.

93458666_VeneuzalenBoats.thumb.gif.c5c5aec60e6b1306df6da8912de19f56.gif

928587300_FruitMarketCuracao.thumb.jpg.4e6037bec3e5091c8636dce0a54b3ff4.jpg

Bananas still on the banana plant tree limb. 

355984322_BananasontheTreeLimb.thumb.jpg.bab7b50b7bb9143cf69bc7e68b615377.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, QuittingGirl said:

The cruise sounds wonderful!!  Was  it a 3 week cruise?  Yeah I don't like those mega ships either...way too crowded. Some of them are like small cities!!😲

Yes. 9 days then 12 days for a total of 21 days plus we spent a couple of days in Lauderdale before the cruise as the flights were cheaper that way. We can't do 7 day cruises any more. Too much hassle getting there and back for such a short time plus, longer duration cruises tends to attrcat a more "mature" crowd so fewer booze-cruisers and screaming kids :) We also avoid Christmas & March Break cruises like the plague (OMG!!!)

Longest we've done was 37 days. Buenois Aries to Fort Lauderdale. East coast of Brazil, including Rio when Carnival was on. Then up the Amazon 900 miles to Manaus Brazil. Amazing cruise!!

Best ever was a 10 day French Polyneia cruise on a small ship (Paul Gauguin) South Pacific is incredible 😍

536905119_FrPol.jpg.3c4ae2a866b05fd21d7e893262aceccc.jpg

• Like 6

Wow that sounds great!  You sure have been on some amazing cruises!! Yeah I could imagine how rowdy and loud the cruises during Christmas and Spring break are!!  37 days, wow!!  I don't know if I could be on a ship for that long, although maybe I could...LOL!!  My dream is to go to Scotland and it almost happened as we were booked for a 10 day trip in June of 2020, but that was scrapped because of Covid.  So my husband and I are hoping maybe next year.

We were in St. Thomas several years ago and I loved it there not only because it's beautiful, but Americans can buy $1600 worth of duty free goods.  Since I smoked at that time, we were able to take back 5 cartons of cigs per person and the prices were really cheap.  Don't have to worry about that anymore! 😁 We were also allowed to bring back 5 bottles of liquor a person as well and those prices were cheap too. Since the cruise left from NYC, we were able to take all of the bottles because we just took a taxi home from the pier.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, QuittingGirl said:

Since I smoked at that time, we were able to take back 5 cartons of cigs per person and the prices were really cheap. 

Wow. The addicts mindset is just the worst. Recognizing and utilizing discount opportunities to feed our habit and feeling like we’ve accomplished something amazing is just so sad. We have come so far on our quit journeys and I’m glad to be doing it here on this forum with all my fellow quitters. 

• Like 6

Cheapest smokes I ever saw while on vacation was in St. Martin. $19.00/carton for U.S. cigs. I remember thinking; Wow! If I was still smoking, I'd be all over that!

2 hours ago, Paul723 said:

What we used to spend on cigarettes now pays for vacations!  Lots of rewards for quitting.  Great vacation photos.

Absolutely true!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reciprocity said:

Cheapest smokes I ever saw while on vacation was in St. Martin. $19.00/carton for U.S. cigs. I remember thinking; Wow! If I was still smoking, I'd be all over that!

I think the cartons that I saw were $10.00, I can't remember, or that might have been for a bottle of Absolut vodka.  I'm just glad I don't smoke anymore because the prices of cigarettes in NYC are about $150.00 a carton!! 😲 Insane!!

• Like 4

I was told by a smoker yesterday , a packet of her Cigarettes cost her £ 13 70 pence .

This is crazy money ..

So I agree that amount of money each day would pay for a great holiday 

But 

Being on a ship for 37 days ..

Thirty of those days I would have my head down the Loo ..lol..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

I was told by a smoker yesterday , a packet of her Cigarettes cost her £ 13 70 pence .

This is crazy money ..

So I agree that amount of money each day would pay for a great holiday 

But 

Being on a ship for 37 days ..

Thirty of those days I would have my head down the Loo ..lol..

I don't know what a pack of smokes goes for around here now but it was $12.50 when I quit 7 years ago so I imagine

the cost is a lot higher now for sure! Yet one of many benefits to quitting :) 

Doreen, the seas were very calm for most of our recent trip. You would have been fine I think. No motion at all could be felt. But yes, I can understand your concern. Nothing worse than bein sea sick!

• Like 3

Doreen, the seas were very calm for most of our recent trip. You would have been fine I think. No motion at all could be felt. But yes, I can understand your concern. Nothing worse than bein sea sick!

maybe one day I might give it another try …Your trip sounded brilliant x

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Reciprocity said:

How would you know when your pen is running out of invisible ink?

When mine ran out the whole damn pen turned invisible and I never saw it again...

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...