Didn't even cross my mind...

action

Some of you may know that I have had a bit of a stressful week…  Well I just wanted to let you all know that through all of it, not once did the thought of smoking a cigarette even cross my mind.  In fact, only this morning (2 days later) did I stop to think that I hadn’t been thinking about cigarettes…  They are no longer my crutch that I use to ‘deal with things’.  To all my friends here who have helped make this a reality - THANK YOU !

Newbies, if you are reading this please know that it does get better – so much better that one day you will not even think of cigarettes in the moments where it would have usually been the first thought in your head.

KTQ

• Like 20

Stuff and nonsense!

He just found a girl dentist and is smitten :wub:

Only kidding - its amazing isn't it? - For a time it is all we ever think about it and then suddenly we realise we haven't though about it at all.

Tell me Action - Is it a good feeling?

• Like 6

Tell me Action - Is it a good feeling?

Well at the time it just felt 'normal' but now I think about it, yes I feel good that not thinking about cigarettes is the new normal. Does that make sense? Probably not lol

• Like 2

I look forward to it. I wake up every morning with a dry mouth and the need for a cigarette or 2, because we all know cigarettes help a dry mouth!

Instead I get up. Get busy. Make myself a pack lunch for work.

Seriously considering buying a bike to cycle to work, its only 5 miles away and there's showers there too.

Raahhhh

• Like 3

My friend this is good to know as I sit here doing my daily, I could smoke, but I dont smoke, but I could have 1 and yada yada.  I get it's part of each day for now and I know I will not be smoking but it's as much boring and annoying as anything else tbh - so thank you Action for this little ray of hope! And I'm so pleased all that stress is over for you and you can just wait for normal results.  By the way I did some googling (medical I know, and you're not even going to die lol) and it says between 5-8 months is the key time your lungs clear the crud. So I wonder if that's what your cough is now??  Fingers crossed anyway. If nothing else you got a dentist with boobs and I know they cheer you up from you've posted previously lol. Have a good day Action. xx

• Like 4

action, your post actually brought a happy tear to my eye... what I saw was someone who, without a doubt, is a winner!  You did it, you won!!!  Not even thinking about a cig during very stressful times, how awesome is that!  I'm really happy for you. :)

congrats34.gif

• Like 1