Reciprocity is 4 months smoke free today.

andyc941

Seriously, R is a top lad here, always has each ones backs and gives elaborate posts. Im happy for him and i shall continue the pig lover babee running gag. Top lad really. Congrats.

• Like 2

Hey! Thanks Guys & Gals!! Appreciate your well wishes.

For all you other newbies here (yes, I still consider myself a newbie for now), you always wonder what it's like being 2 months, three months or whatever free of smoking well, here's where things stand for me at the moment.

Month 4 was not remarkably different from month 3 for me. A little smoother I guess but no huge change that I can point a finger to.

Month 1 for me was a real challenge for most of that month anyway and in particular week 1 was just horrible!! Month 2 was up and down and I never knew on waking up in the morning what I was going to get - good or bad - lol. Things smoothed out quite a bit in month 3 for me and has been that way ever since. There is still some progression but it's almost imperceptible because it is a very slow progression but quite easy to deal with now because any thoughts of smoking are so much easier to deal with now. They are not as intense and much easier to just distract your mind to something else until you just forget about whatever thought you were having. I feel I'm sort of at a halfway point now. I still have thoughts of smoking and still have a craving to smoke at times, although it's a lot weaker than what it was in prior months. But when I really think about smoking I remember the way it would tighten up my lungs and how I would have that constant annoying smokers cough and the heavy taste of smoke in my mouth and I think -Yuk! I don't want to smoke! I actually really don't want to smoke. So that's why I figure I'm half way. Half way between wanting to smoke and not wanting to smoke. Kind of looking forward to see where I'm at by 6 months actually. I think I should be in pretty good shape by then.

Sorry for the long-winder post but I thought some others with only a week or 2 or 3 in might be interested in my journey so far :)

• Like 6

Congratulations Recip!  Not only did you quit smoking but you are so encouraging to everyone here.  Thanks for all you do and for sharing your journey with us.   :yahoo:  :party2:  :party:  :dance2:  :drinks:

112800_pc.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome job Rec.  I mean this as a compliment: it seems like you've been on the Train for longer than four months.  You've made a big impact in a relatively short time.  Keep up the good work.

giphy.gif

• Like 1