Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another life lost to smoking...I forgot to mention he was a hero...

Featured Replies

My husband, Dennis's brother, Steve, died yesterday.  He was 68 years old.  He had been a heavy smoker since his teenage years, and although he tried many times, he never managed to beat the addiction.  He was diagnosed with lung and throat cancer.  Three weeks ago he had the surgery for the lung cancer.  He was supposed to be home in just a few days. Unfortunately,  he got pneumonia, and then sepsis.  They took him off life support yesterday, and he lived for about an hour.  He loved people, golf, and fishing.  His second grandchild will be born in the next month.  If you haven't quit...you owe it to yourself and your loved ones.


 


Dennis is on the left, Steve in the middle, Milton on right.  


 


Brooks%20Brothers_zpsxmvn27tm.jpg


Sorry for your loss Nancy.

Another life extinguished much too early because of this horrible addiction. Very sad.

My heartfelt sympathy Nancy ..

Steve was far too young to be taken...I hate this addiction...

I hate the tobacco companies even more..how many more loved ones will be lost...

Hugs and prayers dear friend from across the pond.xxxx.

Sorry for your loss Nancy. Stay strong sweetie...

I'm so sorry for your loss Nancy. This addiction takes too much. My thoughts are with you and your family. 

Sorry for your family's loss Nancy.

Condolences to you and yours Nancy.

 

Terrible loss for those who had the opportunity to know him and for a child that will never get to meet their grandfather.  This addiction takes so much...

I'm so sorry, Nancy.  My thoughts and prayers are with your family.  

So very sorry for your loss Nancy may he rest in peace.

So sorry to hear this Nancy....my thoughts are with you and your family  :unsure:

So sorry to hear this, Nancy.  Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers!

I'm so sorry for your loss. May he have an easy journey to summerland and rest where there are no addictons. Blessings to you all. x

Oh, Nancy.  Sympathies to you and your family.  Such a sad reminder of the power of addiction.

I'm very sorry, Nancy.  I wish young people could understand the very real consequences of smoking but they rarely do, I didn't.  I've lost too many family members and dear friends from smoking and yet I continued to smoke.  That's a whole other story.  Prayers to you and your family.

 

My husband, Dennis's brother, Steve, died yesterday.  He was 68 years old.  He had been a heavy smoker since his teenage years, and although he tried many times, he never managed to beat the addiction.  He was diagnosed with lung and throat cancer.  Three weeks ago he had the surgery for the lung cancer.  He was supposed to be home in just a few days. Unfortunately,  he got pneumonia, and then sepsis.  They took him off life support yesterday, and he lived for about an hour.  He loved people, golf, and fishing.  His second grandchild will be born in the next month.  If you haven't quit...you owe it to yourself and your loved ones.

 

Dennis is on the left, Steve in the middle, Milton on right.  

 

Brooks%20Brothers_zpsxmvn27tm.jpg

 

I am so sorry for your loss Nancy (((HUGS)))

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.