Weighing in

ExTex

You know that day when you're getting ready for work and your favorite blouse no longer buttons?

You know the terror of stepping on the scales and not being pretty sure what the results will be?

You know the dismay of realizing that you have never weighed this much before in your LIFE (including pregnancy)?

You know the feeling of pride in quitting smoking that evaporates when you realize that the next step is going on a drastic diet?

It's been a really bad morning and I'm feeling disgruntled.  So I am going to pout and complain and eventually get over it.

But really????  Could not button my blouse.  At all.

6b0dfe7175bb2d29b70e1b52b3a61cab.jpg

• Like 2

Yaaa...putting on weight ...it happens to most of us..this is where I say..don't over think..

Tackle the smoking...then tackle the weight...all of a sudden ..losing the pounds will come more important than a smoke.

This is when you are on your way to winning your war...

Just be careful..try and eat healthy...keep marchin..x

• Like 1

NOT FLAT and Sassy is my saying!  Don't be too hard on yourself.  You can't do a million very very difficult things at once.  Quitting will always be your biggest win, eventually, the weight thing will get taken care of :)

• Like 1

Weighing the benefits of quitting smoking against the negatives of gaining a few pounds will show that the trade-off is a net positive.  Keep the main thing the main thing.

As for drastic diets...they suck.  They're not sustainable and since the human body is an adaptation machine, you'll begin seeing diminishing returns rather quickly.  Gradual lifestyle changes is where your focus should be.  Gimmicky diets and crash course exercise programs that guarantee major bodily changes over the course of just a few weeks are a combination of marketing and complete bullshit pumped out by the fitness industry.  A comprehensive health and fitness plan is a marathon not a sprint.

One step at a time will get you to where you want to be.

• Like 3

So you traded gaining a couple of pounds temporarily for not smelling like a disgusting ashtray. I would call that a fair trade.

Truly.

I'm still about 10 lbs heavier than I used to be as a smoker. But that's my fault for not putting down the cookie jar. 1000x happier though. It's tough at first, but try not to let it bug you. It's not important. Noy dying a horrible death from smoking is important.

• Like 4

Give yourself a break.... being a healthier person is way more important.  For me Lent has help gave up every treat and dessert so there has been NO SNACKING making me a little cranky though.

I believe part of the weight gain issue is a major change in digestion; not just eating more stuff. The reason I say this is that I have not been inclined to eat more during my quit but if anything, less. I am still gaining weight!! Of course, all in the wrong places :) I have always been one to eat what ever I want and never gain an ounce. The wife hates me for that :P Something has changed now though. Not sure if it's temporary or not yet??

• Like 1