Wednesday 25th May NOPE

Hi,

So i relapsed again. i had a few smokes by afternoon. And I did not enjoy them. the continuous withdrawl doesnt end unless i can break the cycle.

But ill try and quit again today. I have the training what caused my downfall.I thought I could smoke one.

The fear doesnt let me quit and the mind fog.The mind fog just messes me up where I cannot think straight but i now know that nicotine addiction is temporary and i have to fight through it . No matter what.

My withdrawl is so intense 24/7 i cannot even describe it. Gotta keep myself busy here from now on.i smoked just to break the intense negativity i was going through.

or do something else.even gathering thoughts becomes difficult at times.But ill stay strong. Atleast I am not going through a disease. I just wonder why did i waste so much time smoking.that is what causes my downfall. but Not One Puff Ever from now on.and i promise ill give it three days no matter what i go through.even if i go mad trying but ill not give in this time.

Nitin.

• Like 1

please somebody...even the thought of going through hat i went through yesterday is messing me up pretty bad.......how will i be able to do it......but i cannot live like this anymore. cant sleep cant do anything....the anxiety is off the charts.i feel whether i have some other underlying issues which i need to address or is it the smoking messing me up.cant figure it out. how do i build a positive attitude.how do i go and conquer this habit with a positive attitude.i feel sick to my gut and my legs are killing me.so is my back.

Blue

You don't answer what you are doing to help yourself? You have had loads of advice and suggestions on how to get through this. Your statuses sound full of panic which is not a symptom so much of quitting as it is of anxiety. How do you normally deal with anxiety? What are your usual mechanisms for coping? Quitting smoking is hard but it shouldn't be this tough. I will say to you again that you need to breathe, read, distract and educate.

I hope you decide to stick with this quit and if you do, may I suggest that you post on the 'quit smoking' main board as this is just a place for the daily NOPE pledge?

Hoping you find a way to calm and quit.

• Like 6

HI,

there is nothing i am doing to help myself. i am not able to cope with anxiety this time. i used to deal with it in different ways earlier. none of them are working now.

Nitin

Calm down and don't forget to breathe.  You are getting yourself so worked up you're not really giving yourself a chance to succeed.  Ask yourself one question: what is the worst thing that can happen to me if I don't smoke a cigarette the next time the urge hits?

Quitting is a challenge, but very doable.  Give yourself some credit, you've dealt with anxiety before (we all have) and you lived to tell about it.

• Like 1

HI,

there is nothing i am doing to help myself. i am not able to cope with anxiety this time. i used to deal with it in different ways earlier. none of them are working now.

Nitin

Have you tried anything for your quit? If so, what?

By the way, I think you can quit without resolving any underlying issues. Alot of people here suffer from anxiety or other issues and they have quit.

• Like 1