New Here

Dave

I'm going cold turkey. I read that's the easiest way to go. I've just had enough of it. I'm not getting any younger.

Not feeling too bad right now, I'll be busy working all day today.

I'll try and post again when I get home.

Wish me luck.

• Like 1

Welcome Dave...

As you may expect, the first few weeks of the quit is the toughest.

I suggest a lot of reading of the material provided on this board.

Understanding this addiction is the key to beating it.....but in the end it comes down to what we refer here as :

N.O.P.E. = Not One Puff Ever...

As long as you do that, I guarantee you will succeed...it's a choice..,just keep that in mind when the going gets tough.

Stick close to this board and post often...any time you are feeling shaky, post an S.O.S. And someone will come to your aid as soon as possible.....

Everyone of us here are former smokers...we know and can relate what your going through..it can be a bumpy ride, but hang on and embrace it......

• Like 1

welcome Dave,

Just like they advised-- educate yourself with the information- you,ll be floored with all there is to learn-

watch Joels videos,, stay on here a lot- first few days may suck- its easier every day-

I tell everybody,,, gum,, an I still chew it, it really helped me- an its fresh, opposite of them nasty ass cigs-

you can if you think you can,,, period- mind over matter,, steer clear of "triggers" for now till ya get stronger----

peace bro,,

• Like 2

Wow! What a welcome!

Two days down. Today is a little rough but I'm making it through.

I'm going to read around a little bit before my daughters come to visit.

I have 5, and three grandchildren with two more on the way.

• Like 5

Read read read. I know it's a cliche, but education really is the key here. If you haven't perused whyquit,com yet, a lot of us found the materials there immensely helpful. Remember, they call the first one "Hell Week" for a reason - face it straight on, you'll be fine. Watch the blood sugar, fruit juice is your friend! Also lots of ice cold water.

• Like 1