Hi everyone!

Trish

I am happy to see some familiar faces here.  I'm Trish and I am a nicotine addict.

As you will see I have two tickers.  I decided to quit smoking on Feb. 8, 2014.  I have relapsed twice. :(  Once at 18 days, I believe it was and the last was this past weekend.  I keep these two tickers because I believe that quitting smoking is a journey, not an event.

In the past when I have tried to quit, it has been an event:  run out of cigs, try not to smoke as long as possible and then run out and buy a pack within 24 hours.  This time, quitting has been a journey/a process.   I started this journey 1 month, 3 weeks and 4 days ago, and it encourages me to see that I have done so much better than I have in the past.   I am not happy that I have relapsed.  In fact I was devastated.  However I am thankful that I am one of the lucky ones and that I did not go back to being a full blown smoker.  (Maybe someone's lookin out for me...)  Anyway, I am done feeling ashamed and feeling sorry for myself over relapsing.  I am so happy to be back on the quit train and determined to make this my sticky quit.  

There are several differences between this quit and the ones in the past.  Most importantly I WANT to quit this time.  In the past, I did it because I knew it was the right thing to do or people kept telling me I should, etc.  But I didn't really want it.  This time I do.  This time is different.  In addition, this time I have support and education.  I have many of you to thank for that.  I am so appreciative for all of the support you have given me and I only hope that I am able to pay it forward in the future.  

• Like 4

Hi Trish - Welcome.

Sorry to hear that you chose to smoke again.

I'm not judging you - I think everyone here has relapsed at one time or another. (I have) As you say - you need to be worked out as to why you chose to go back - so that you don't again. There is a fantastic thread from Album about his journey - well worth reading I would say.

I found (and find) the Allen Carr books really helpful.

Welcome - this is the sticky one!

• Like 1

Hi Trish - Welcome.

Sorry to hear that you chose to smoke again.

I'm not judging you - I think everyone here has relapsed at one time or another. (I have) As you say - you need to be worked out as to why you chose to go back - so that you don't again. There is a fantastic thread from Album about his journey - well worth reading I would say.

I found (and find) the Allen Carr books really helpful.

Welcome - this is the sticky one!

Thanks El Bandito..I have read Album's thread...it's a great read.  I also find Allen Carr's Easy way very helpful.  I read it twice before and started it again when I began this quit.  I found myself skimming through/not really reading it.  I kept thinking..."oh I remember this part" or "oh I know what point he is making here".  So yesterday I stumbled onto another book of his "The only way to stop smoking permanently".  So I bought it.  Only got through a couple pages before I fell asleep but I read in some reviews that it was more detailed...some said easy way didn't work for them but only way did.  So I think it will be good to see the same concepts in a different book, more examples, etc.  I still don't think I will read a book and never think of smoking again but I believe it will be helpful.  

Hi Trish, sorry to hear you relapsed but agree that what's done is done.

I just want to say, I gave up so many times from last July to this March I lost track, however each failure brought something to THIS quit so I could make it stick. I think it's healthy to see where we failed and the thoughts that led us there - then we use these to nail the basta*d down this time. xx

Hi Trish...good to see you here......we all can help you as well as yourself to make this quit stick. Apply yourself daily here posting letting us know how it is going for you, and using the SOS if things get too tough.

look forward to hearing from you, take care..........Bassman

Hi, Trish!  Please, please, let's work together to make this your forever quit.  You are so young and beautiful...I wish I could go back and add the years to my life that I have lost!  You can do this!

• Like 1

Hey Trish!!

The only thing worse than to relapse... is to relapse and not start a new quit!!! 

You are doing awsome!!! Nobody said it was gonna be easy!

That being said, it is all a state of mind... And it really sounds like you have a good outlook on this time around!!  Possitive thinking is a huge part of what goes on here!

Stick with it,,, keep us posted,,,,, scream and yell if needed!!  we are all here for you!!

You can do this!!!

And you are going to be so glad you did!!! NOPE!

• Like 4