help

Michelle, just power through it.  YOU DO NOT SMOKE!!  We don't call this Hell Week for nothing.  The last thing you want is to have to redo your beautiful 4 day quit.  Deep breaths, lots of snacks...it is not fun, but you are not hurting or in danger.  Rant, rave,cry,scream, punch inanimate objects. march around the house singing at the top of your lungs, anything but smoke!!!  (((Michelle)))

• Like 2

Hi Michelle, we've all been where you are now... Your mind is trying to trick you into smoking! Now you have a decision to make, carry on being strong, resist the temptation, and wake up tomorrow feeling great about what you've achieved, or take the other option, smoke, wake up tomorrow feeling sorry for yourself and having to start over... I know which I'd prefer!

You can beat this, but the only way to do that is to NOT smoke (just fir today). Sure, it might be hard, but the rewards are endless :)

• Like 1

Ty...i borrowed this from babs signature..."Sure, you might want that one cigarette....but do you want the thousands that follow? There is no such thing as 1 cigarette..not for me, not for you"

I will be walking out the door of my last appt in about ten minutes. Please send happy juju. I am going to play a Joel Spitzer video on my phone.....

• Like 3

It helped me to go back to why I wanted to quit in the first place.  That always seemed to knock that sh*t thinking drama right out of my head.  Doesn't mean I didn't bend over and bawl, but I didn't allow the mind game to drag out for long.

• Like 4

Ya'll are awesome. You know what knocked that stinkin thinkin right out in a heartbeat? Watching Joel's video on finding out u have lung cancer AFTER quitting. He talks about a business associate who died from lung cancer after he quit. Hearing a personal story like that hits so much harder than just knowing smoking causes cancer. To say or think of it the second way makes it seem like a vague concept. The first way makes it real.

I used to post on another board a few years ago and formed a soft spot for a charascharasmatic older guy who had COPD. I came and went for a couple years while he stayed quit. He always welcomed me back. One if the times I popped in trying to quit....casually popped in as if what I was doing was NOT something urgent that could save my life...and he was worse. In and out of the hospital and coming to terms with the gravity of his illness. I relapsed...when I came back in again to quit.....he was gone. :-(

Anyone who is struggling like I was a while ago, I encourage you to watch Joels videos, esp the one i mentioned.

Thank you, my Non-Smoking Angels!!!!

• Like 7

You know what knocked that stinkin thinkin right out in a heartbeat? Watching Joel's video on finding out u have lung cancer AFTER quitting. 

Good deal.  Use whatever it takes to stand strong.  The more knowledge and trust we have and the more tools in our toolbox, the sooner we start to feel more confident in our quit.  Good stuff.  Brush it off and keep moving forward.

• Like 1

Hey Michelle - late here but just wanted to say - great job posting an SOS - and I am so happy you made it through:-). The good news is your quit is now so much stronger for facing that challenge down and keeping your beautiful quit .... Go you :-)

:)

I'm happy you stayed with us. You gave me a reason to smile. Ya Ya, I know it's not about me but, what you just did, has shown many lurkers on our boards that being here and doing the right things you are, is the way to go.

ZZZ

• Like 1

Sorry was sleeping, way tomkick a trigger to the curb.  

Every time we fight back a big trigger it carries less strength the next time. Try to recall it's just a trigger thought that you would have smoked here before. It may help to have a list of reasons why you quit to carry with you for a while. Nothing carries the same weight as your own logical reasons, they are real and appropriate to you. xx

• Like 1

Well done you....sorry I'm late...time difference...crapola....

This is how it's done....come here....and get all the positive reasons for not throwing your quit away....

Your so right copd/ emphysema...is a horrible slow death ilness....

Scream nope....it helped me a lot.....nope nope nope....

• Like 1