leaving quit train

Raya

KTQ 

Lost on this train ..  Cannot find my way around well here  sorry .  I am always lost with computer stuff anyway.    Hope you all keep chugging along forward . KTQ

• Like 1

KTQ 

Lost on this train ..  Cannot find my way around well here  sorry .  I am always lost with computer stuff anyway.    Hope you all keep chugging along forward . KTQ

I know that there are many of us here who would have been happy to help you..if you change your mind, just ask...

• Like 3

Hey Raya.

Are you using a mobile device? Phone or tablet. Or, even with a laptop or desktop, you might find the "mobile" viewing easier. To check which you like, try going to the main page, go down to the bottom of it and look for "Change Theme", and try the "Mobile view". If, you are on that, you can go to the bottom of the page again, and look for "Full Theme", to go to that.

That's both the themes, I've shown you.

In either event, try playing with that to see, if another theme is easier for you.

• Like 2

Mike ,thanks for the tip ...   actually for the time being that does feel a little more comfortable . I am an old foggie ( young at heart LOL ) and am not very computer literate . So how does one add friends on here . I also tried posting stats  banner by copy paste , but it only showed the code ..what am I doing wrong? Where is the instruction manual LOL.. Wait I have  2 and 5 yr old Grandkids ; they will know .. what kids can't teach Grandma these days about computers  LOL..

Thanks to those who reached out to welcome and offer help . 

I will check back and will lurk a bit until I can figure out some things . If I can quit smoking , I can figure this out too :)   Have a good night everyone .

• Like 6

Raya... click/tap on the members name or avatar and in the next window should be a tab to "add as friend"

I am not sure about copy and paste for mobile devices... might be time to hit the grandkids up for tech help me thinks also

Will be nice to have you stick around... us newly quit can really do with your advice :)

• Like 4

Thanks Seven2seven .  Well lookie that ;  hiding the old add a friend behind the picture trick .  

Learned two things new tonight;  now the trick is for this old, ( young at heart )foggie to remember that info when morning returns !!

Oh just kidding , of course I will remember the secret door  ...  and,  and, and ???   , oh ya theme change does a switcheroo

ok so I gotta get my rest to be at my best  for tomorrow ... I am smoke free and clearer headed than when I smoked ...so I can do this and be the newest but oldest computer whiz kid ... Its like learning to walk with a walker one step at a time while gliding :)     Quitting smoking is kinda like that too...One step at a time and the glide ..one step at a time and the glide ...  Ya we can do this !!!!!!

• Like 3

Ok so now I got all you wonderful friends  ( i did a test ) and it worked :)   It says I have to manage them ....now how in the heck can I manage you ... I like that LOL I get to be Manager LOL !!!!!

I think even though I don't know you  all yet  a,  couple of you guys could need a lot of management LOL ....Oh does this mean I get to keep things in order by managing  my profile ...Oh Ok ....but I catch anyone picking up a cigarette LOok out !!!  I was in management for 35 years ...I know how to manage.  

Anyway thanks to you  all for encouraging me back and allowing me to have a little fun with this tonight . We all know quitting is serious business but I have always said quitting can also be fun . It starts with day one  ; march forth a day a time and victory is won.   Quitting is not impossible . 

• Like 10

Awww raya please don't worry I was a complete novice too for ages, just ask, you will be fine and get the hang of it

We need your quit experience on the train

Everyone brings something in their own way and that makes for a rich learning pot :)

• Like 3

And ... I will be keeping and eye out for you! 35 years of management. I won't be messing with you, once you catch on to our tricks.  :)

Thank you, for befriending me. I don't have many.  :(

• Like 1

Hey raya....I reckon I am the boards old foggie....so we will see later who is the oldest l.ol....

Let me tell you something....everyone knows here I'm a I pad idiot....I carnt do anything much....

It took 12 months of someone teaching me how to post from u tube...that's about my limit....

My advice...don't let this stop you being here....it doesn't matter how clever on a pc you are...trust me....

All the support you need to quit and stay quit is right here....there is always someone here to help you along...

Stay around a while....pledge nope everyday....this is all you need to do ....

Xxxxx

• Like 3

Mike ,thanks for the tip ...   actually for the time being that does feel a little more comfortable . I am an old foggie ( young at heart LOL ) and am not very computer literate . So how does one add friends on here . I also tried posting stats  banner by copy paste , but it only showed the code ..what am I doing wrong? Where is the instruction manual LOL.. Wait I have  2 and 5 yr old Grandkids ; they will know .. what kids can't teach Grandma these days about computers  LOL..

Thanks to those who reached out to welcome and offer help . 

I will check back and will lurk a bit until I can figure out some things . If I can quit smoking , I can figure this out too :)   Have a good night everyone .

Here are the instructions for stats banner...it will not appear until you click Save Changes...

• Like 1

Ok so now I got all you wonderful friends  ( i did a test ) and it worked :)   It says I have to manage them ....now how in the heck can I manage you ... I like that LOL I get to be Manager LOL !!!!!

I think even though I don't know you  all yet  a,  couple of you guys could need a lot of management LOL ....Oh does this mean I get to keep things in order by managing  my profile ...Oh Ok ....but I catch anyone picking up a cigarette LOok out !!!  I was in management for 35 years ...I know how to manage.  

Anyway thanks to you  all for encouraging me back and allowing me to have a little fun with this tonight . We all know quitting is serious business but I have always said quitting can also be fun . It starts with day one  ; march forth a day a time and victory is won.   Quitting is not impossible . 

Now that's the spirit Raya!

It takes a little time to learn new things especially you being a old fart like me! Being in management you know people fear change at work and the same thing applies to quitting. Our mind and body fears this change so we have to retrain our brain and detox our bodies and it is not always easy. It also takes some time learning how to be a non smoker like watching out for triggers, dealing with the cravings, changing your way of thinking about smoking, dropping old bad habits and making new healthier habits.

It does help to post a lot at the beginning because everyone here has gone through what your going through now. There is a lot of experience here to help you. Best of luck to you my friend. 

• Like 3

Aww so glad you are staying Raya, I am a numpty at the computing stuff, cant do half the things that some can on here, but its a fantastic little corner of the internet, and its our corner of the internet and its kept me sane many a long long day but all you have to do is reach out and there is always someone here to help you,  xxx

• Like 2

I see that you have already added friends, so that's covered! If you click on people's screen names here, it would take you to their page (profile) where you will see the options to send them private messages. Feel free to reach out to people, we'd be pleased to help you!

We are happy to have you here, thanks for staying back :P

- DW

• Like 5