The One Year Commitment

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made this commitment in 2020 I made that commitment then a few short months later I relapsed. I am not okay with the relapse. It is not okay to relapse. I am determined to be that non-smoker. I remember that my pledge to this commitment it was one of the best pledges I made. It helped me quit. So here I am I making that pledge again. I am pledging to this commitment. 

Nana...

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I am committing to one year.  I would like to commit to the rest of my life, but that may be over-zealous, even though, today, I feel that confident.  Losing a lung may leave you short of breath, but not short of common sense.  

I know why I’m here, I know what I have to do, and I’m just thankful enough to God for saving my life to feel I’ll succeed this time.  

Edited by JudiMD
  • Like 6

• 10 months later...

I commit to one year quit.  I’ll admit that I’m going to struggle to do that for me.  Committing for today is as far as I can go for me.  I’ll commit to one year for my brother.  That I can and am happy to do.

Hopefully somewhere down this road I’ll be happy to do it for me too 👍

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I commit to integrate into this community of people who have smoked and quit!
I Still am struggling, sorry, I'm reading NTAP by Joel Spitzer. 
I romanticize the cigarette. I am sticking to this forum for exchange of ideas.

The last time I cold turkey-ed, I made it 2 weeks. Then self-pity hit me and as if a "gift from the skies" sure enough my brother, a smoker, crossed path with me and I succumbed. I believe that was the final barrier before becoming an ex-smoker. Self-pity - me whining about whatever, poor-me, poor-me. A cigarrete and I was and am hooked again.! 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...