***NO MORE EXCUSES***

babs609

Babs what a truly great read, and you are so right, no more excuses, otherwise another 2 or 5 or 10 years will have passed and before you know it its too late, WHAT IF and WHY DIDN'T I can't turn the clock back.  Your dad would be proud of the strength you have 

• Like 4

We live to make excuses for ourselves. Being accountable is something we all struggle with. I have watched people with COPD and emphysema struggle to breathe, yet they continue to smoke, convincing themselves that they NEED their fix; that they possibly couldn't quit, even if they tried. I watched and heard my mom suffer for the last few years of her life. The doctors told her she NEEDED to quit to save her life. She didn't and now she's gone at 59. 

All of these are excuses.. lies we tell ourselves to make us feel okay about smoking. But it's not okay, because time does go fast. It's not worth it! 

Value your life. Give yourself more time with your loved ones. You never know how much time you actually have, so appreciate every moment you have. No more excuses. :)

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Babs....wonderful post!

Today is Easter...look at the kids running around playing in your yard...do you want them to remember you as a smoker who just couldn't quit...not even for them?

I smoked for 35 years....I quit 2+ months ago........IF I can do it...so can you! 

• Like 5

Awesome post, babs, you described a whole lot of us, I just bet ya!  When I was a young teen, I figured I'd quit when I was 20, then I hit 20 and said 30, at 30 do you know how stupid I was??? I said I didn't need to quit because there would be "a cure" for lung cancer before I ever got it... the junkie mind has no rhyme or reason.

I'm so proud of the young people that I see who are quitting nowadays... they seem to get younger and younger too; instead of being 50+ I'm seeing so many people 20+, 30+, etc.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Smoking is one of the hardest things to quit. I have tried at least 25 times, but in times of stress I go back. i HAVE to quit! Hardly anyone I know smokes anymore and some have died because of it !

Welcome to the board, luckypoo!  So glad you found us.  You've joined a big group of quitters.  Would you please start a thread in Introductions and tell us a little bit about you and your quit?

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...