Bellydancing

Colleen

Ever try it?  They are thinking of adding a class at Gym #2.  I got a couple of mini lessons this weekend.  While I felt highly ridiculous, I can feel now that it was an amazing core workout.  

So  I have been meaning to ask...you belong to two gyms now?  You have probably explained and I missed...why two?

I took a few classes in the 70's.  The instructor asked me, 'to maybe try African Dance'  because I moved my shoulders and bent my knees too much.

The isolation involved in Belly dancing is really amazing !

I wish I still had the Zills...finger cymbals.  You will have fun.

belly%2520dancer.jpg

• Like 1

So  I have been meaning to ask...you belong to two gyms now?  You have probably explained and I missed...why two?

In my third month at 2 gyms now!  The second one is a smaller gym, more of a studio, smaller classes.  Today I took 2 classes there.  Tommorow, I will go to gym #1 early am for weights and a quick run on the treadmill.  Then tomorrow night after dinner, I will go to gym # 2 for a TRX class.  I just need more opportunities to work out, I guess.  

• Like 2

In my third month at 2 gyms now!  The second one is a smaller gym, more of a studio, smaller classes.  Today I took 2 classes there.  Tommorow, I will go to gym #1 early am for weights and a quick run on the treadmill.  Then tomorrow night after dinner, I will go to gym # 2 for a TRX class.  I just need more opportunities to work out, I guess.

I am kinda thinking an intervention might be in order.....just kidding!

I took a few classes in the 70's.  The instructor asked me, 'to maybe try African Dance'  because I moved my shoulders and bent my knees too much.

The isolation involved in Belly dancing is really amazing !

I wish I still had the Zills...finger cymbals.  You will have fun.

zills.jpg

Is that you?

Ever try it?  They are thinking of adding a class at Gym #2.  I got a couple of mini lessons this weekend.  While I felt highly ridiculous, I can feel now that it was an amazing core workout.  

I am signing Doreen and I up for a Skype class...

• Like 1

Hi sweetheart,

Now I wanted to tell about what I know with belly dancin....nicky....she has been doing it for about 3 years.....

It's a fabulous excersize and harder to do than it looks.....she loves it....

Now she looks the part and does it well,but I've watched her start from scratch....

I have been known to shake my bootty with her from time to time ,when she come to visit.....it's fun....

Nooo action....you wouldnt want a video......(nasty ).

Hugs x

• Like 1

I tried it but kept getting the giggles, which kinda ruled out the benefit :)  

I liked zumba once upon a time tho and my sis did it 4 times a week (with no other exercise) and slimmed down and ended up with actual abs. Dancing like that (zumba, pole, belly) works all the core and leg muscles together so is an absolute win.

I keep considering getting that hip hop abs by Shawn t for this reason?

I would say if you can take it seriously then it would be good. Whether one class a week would be enough to do what you want I'm not sure though. 

x

• Like 1