Hello....

Congratulations! You've made a great decision and have come to the right place. Please have a look around and let us know if you need anything. We have a great group of quitters here in all phases of their quits so chances are pretty good that at least one of us has been through the same thing :) 

• Like 5

Best thing you could possibly do for your future @Icandoit!

As Jillar mentioned, have a look around the site and read as much as you can. Knowledge is power when it comes to quitting. 

Small steps for now, one day at a time. Come here and ask questions you might have or just rant about the challenges you might experience. We've all been where you are and we've all had to do the same thing .... find our way through the quit process. It's possible for everyone including YOU!

Edited by Reciprocity
  • Like 6

Love your username, @Icandoit… so true! Welcome to the forum. Learn all you can about addiction, stay busy/distracted, and hang tough. The pain of withdrawal sucks, but it’s temporary. We’re here to cheer you on, so keep us posted on your progress and don’t hesitate to reach out for help.

• Like 6

Welcome @Icandoit! You most certainly CAN do it! It won’t be pretty or easy, but for the rest of your life you will be so very thankful that you did. As everyone said before, reach out if you need to. We are here to help you along. I hope to see you around the site. 

• Like 5

You can do it Ican do it we all can do it you've done it for several hours now.

You can do it for longer if you are determined Ican do it.

Weve done it together with the members of quit train we have done it for longer with each hour that passes

So keep up the good work if I can do it if I can do it you can do it I can do it.

I hope that's clear I can do it.

• Like 5

Hello and Welcome .

This Wonderful Train will,take you all the way to Freedom ..all you need is the desire to get there badly enough .

We have so much information ,video,s to help you along ..

Join out daily nope thread ..this is a huge help each day ..where days turn into weeks 

Stay seated and buckle up …

Looking forward to getting to know you better …

You count the hours you’re asleep ..hey why not ..you’re still Quit ..every hour counts that you don’t smoke .

• Like 4

Welcome @Icandoit  Glad you found our train.  Read all you can about quitting smoking.  I know it's not easy at all in the beginning with the constant urges, but they do get less and less the longer you stay quit.  What I used in the beginning was a cinnamon stick as a pretend cigarette.  I would suck the air through the hole and make believe I was smoking, plus it tasted really nice.  If you don't like cinnamon, you can use cut up straws.  Go for walks, drink lots of water, take naps, whatever will help you not to smoke!  And come on here and vent to us when it gets rough.  We have all been in your shoes as everyone goes through withdrawal.  Good luck to you and have a great day! 🙂

• Like 5