I need to be held!!!

ChRiSpY

but seriously I had a child when I was 38 and I am sooooo tired now!! I should be retired and living the life of Riley, travelling the world, but dang it I wouldn't change my wee man for the world, Adam my eldest 23 this year, moving on with his life, Christopher 10 entering the adolescence of life argggh, definitely need to hold hands and meditate xx

• Like 4

I'm 42 and my daughter will be starting Kindergarten this month.  On one hand I'm happy but on the other hand, not so much.  It's the first step for her into this big old world and all of the unknowns that go along with it.  I've already put in leave for that day and I hope that I can choke back the tears when I bring her to school.  This is a very big deal for me as I had always wanted a child of my own and finally was blessed with this most precious child when I was in my late 30's.

She had this graduation from her daycare on base in June and they played this video of the kids, showed pics etc. and I was a mess.  When I thought I was over it, I would look at her sitting in her little chair with her cap and gown and I would lose it again.  A 42 year old man crying for the better part of 90 minutes at a daycare graduation.  WTF have I turned into? :cray:

You should feel young! lol

• Like 7

Damn it - I was feeling good til I read this thread ! If 40 is old then at 49 I am positively ancient! Now I need a drink and it isn't even 10 am here !

Does anyone know the words to Kumbuya ??

• Like 4

chrispy...i feel ya...

and to make you more anxious....these 4 years will fly! 

I was so brave when my other 2 grew up and moved out...but my youngest?? that' was tough

less than 2 months ago I watched him walk down the aisle to get his diploma...and now i"m looking at pics on facebook trying to pick my kid out of a group of 100 soldiers in training while he attends boot camp

this house is way too quiet

There are perks...privacy..nobody using my car, food bill, electric bill, car insurance, haha......and I'm getting used to the quiet.  I look at it as a new chapter in my life.  Different....yes...but doesn't mean it's a bad thing.  An adventure.  What will happen next??  who knows :)  excited to find out

• Like 1

Thanks guys.. some of you made me feel better.. some of you suck :P

MQ ...I feel you my friend.  I am not a cryer... but I have cried at his elementary graduation and his middle school graduation.  And now this week I have been fighting it back when I think about him going to high school (insert danglerless comment here from bakon).  I think he knows it though...he has been stuck to me like glue this week.

Anyhows... maybe you are right Babs...I nned to think of the positives... the good stuff.

• Like 2

Oh, sorry your young ones move'n up toward that day of move'n out...thats part of what this is about - no?

it's hard to see them grow up... but... aren't you proud!!??!! :i-m_so_happy:

{hug}

I am proud... but also selfish... I want more of him and he wants less of me.  Just part of life I guess.

(((((((((((crispy,tiff)))))))))  your both young   im 51 no kids but I have some of my bus kids kids on my bus   and they grew up fast   you both are great moms  and you have something   in common    to young men that love there moms       :D :D

I feel like wrapping myself up in a blanket today... eating bon bons and watching Beaches.

Just jokin... and Bakon... I eat people like you for breakfast :o Folks who try to act too manly are usually the ones that are the biggest p*ssies.  Just like the dudes that always talk about having the biggest willies... usually look like scared turtles... ya hurd?

Marti...I tell the familly that I have been reduced to 4 functions in life...

1.  I carry stuff

2.  I wait (wait on kids ...wait on wife)... I wait alot

3.  I fix the broken shit

4.  I drive... I drive everyone everywhere.

Keep on keepin on.

• Like 5

Sound like a true man trainer. Got the whip or do you use the sex as a weapon/reward method?

I am female - of course I do the incentive scheme :) 

I feel like wrapping myself up in a blanket today... eating bon bons and watching Beaches.

Just jokin... and Bakon... I eat people like you for breakfast :o Folks who try to act too manly are usually the ones that are the biggest p*ssies.  Just like the dudes that always talk about having the biggest willies... usually look like scared turtles... ya hurd?

Marti...I tell the familly that I have been reduced to 4 functions in life...

1.  I carry stuff

2.  I wait (wait on kids ...wait on wife)... I wait alot

3.  I fix the broken shit

4.  I drive... I drive everyone everywhere.

Keep on keepin on.

Gutted I do most of that list too. I'm like a one woman friggin donkey, carting everything around for all of em. I wait around for when the next one needs me too. And some days I feel like I ought to just move into the car! I don't fix broken shit, the kids know to leave it in the path of my Chris when he comes here.

• Like 4