I need to be held!!!

ChRiSpY

So...I am having some real issues as of late.  My youngest..and only natural child is a freshman in high school this year.  He starts on Friday.  I said something to Tiff via PM and then decided to share my pain with all to enjoy on this board.  I am only 40 years old.  Why does it make me feel like I am knocking on death's door because my baby is in high school.  Is 40 too old to have another baby?  Should I buy a porshe or ferrari to compensate?  I still act pretty immature for my age too.  So does that count for young?  Maybe young at heart?  I wonder if there is a forum for folks that are feeling too old.  Please help me out of my fetal position...I need to get some work done.

• Like 7

Perhaps I can help with the pain, after all you entertain me frequently via the swearing thread.

God you're old!  Crap, I'm a bit old too! At least you had a kid while you were pretty fresh/young to deal, as usual I was really late to the party! 

No 40 is not too old to have another baby.

A soft top is always a good option :)

Jokes aside.  Do more of what makes you happy. The world needs more happy and contented folk in it. Immature is fine, growing up is pony and no good will come of it! 

Yeah, that's all I got for now :)

• Like 1

I know how you feel Chrispy. I'm in tears. And he hasn't even started yet. Today I'm registering him and he had to take pictures and I just busted out crying.

I'm just not ready for him to grow up.

Oh you guys!  It will all be fine!  You have to cut those apron strings at some point.  What difference does it make that your baby boy's are entering High School?  Is it any difference to when they entered kindergarten, or elementary?  

40 is the new 30!  I think the thought of having another baby at 40 is insane!  Do you really want to go through that up at all hours of the night changing diapers, feedings, burping, trying to coax and plead with an infant to please just go back to sleep now cuz I'm exhausted?  Not this gal.  Besides, I'm gonna be 52 soon, and well, that plumbing was yanked almost 15 years ago.  

I would definitely go for the sports car...what fun!  I would be sure to buy myself a whole new wardrobe so you can drive around town in style!  New hairdo, perhaps go to the gym and get really buff, new clothes, new sports car.  That should make you feel all better :)

Really, it's not the end of the world.  With High School comes a new sense of accomplishment in what you created and how successful they are becoming.  Take pride in that and continue leading them in the right direction.  Trust me, when they graduate from High School, you will be the one beaming with pride and tears in your eyes.  This is what you've been getting them ready for their whole life.  Now continue doing it!

Hugs.  I know it's difficult for Mom's to let go of their little men.  I had daughters.  Wasn't as difficult I don't think.

I know Bakon... I am being dangleless... but dammit.. you don't buy me flowers anymore... you come home late and dinner is ruined... what happened to us???

All kidding aside... I think it is the feeling that my life has centered around him for 15 years... everything I did had something to do with him.  And now... he is needing me less and less everyday.  And soon... poof he will be gone and in college.  Then what... maybe I need a new hobby.

• Like 2

Aww crispy,

You feel old at forty......my kids are in thier forties,and I more of less keep up with them.....

Yes it's hard when you see them growing.....

It gives you more time to do little things for you.....and they still need you heaps as they grow further.....

Look at it as another chapter in your life.....

Sorry your feeling down.....

Hugs xx

All kidding aside... I think it is the feeling that my life has centered around him for 15 years... everything I did had something to do with him.  And now... he is needing me less and less everyday.  And soon... poof he will be gone and in college.  Then what... maybe I need a new hobby.

Well..i didnt have any sons, but had 4 daughters, and trust me...when they get in college, they will need you MORE than when they were living at home...well...it usually involved moving them into the dorm or new apartment,...then moving them back out...year after year...and would also include the occasional  trip to the local bank and transferring money into their account...but...hey...they still needed me...lol

• Like 2

I feel your pain Crisp....My daughter starts High School this year too.  I have have been beyond upset about it for weeks.  I'm even more upset now that I've read this because I'm older than you are!  If you're old at 40, what does being 46 make me? Dammit.  This is why I drink so much.

• Like 1

If you're old at 40, what does being 46 make me? Dammit.  This is why I drink so much.

that makes you  7 years younger than me...so...I must be REALLY old..lol...Ill drink to that!

I feel your pain Crisp....My daughter starts High School this year too.  I have have been beyond upset about it for weeks.  I'm even more upset now that I've read this because I'm older than you are!  If you're old at 40, what does being 46 make me? Dammit.  This is why I drink so much.

Jeez I was late having kids but still love a drink...dammit...Chrispy, we all need holding now!

Joking aside I am pretty naive here I guess. I thought the big issue was higher uniform costs! 

So I'm going with I'm 38 and yes, I cost my parents a few more quid nowadays when I need them. But I always need them. They are my safety net when I am unsure of myself. I have my own kids (offloaded for photo purposes) and I STILL need my mum and dad. Parents are a pain in the ass at times (as are kids actually lol) but we will never not need each other.

Tis ok poeples. xx

• Like 1

and another thing...

We went to the beach last week and we were playing in the water all week.  We were boogie boarding every day.  We would act like we were local surfers and talk all stupid and stuff.  Who is going to act stupid with me when he is gone.  The wife... hell she spends most of her time shaking her head at us now...can't imagine if I gave her the full stupid imature treatment.  Can't act stupid around friends... got a rep to live up to  :o I am not really ready to grow up... got alot of stupid to give.

• Like 1

Well if it helps... you look alot younger than 46.

• Like 1

Go again have another, 40 is the new 30,

Im sure its really hard seing them growing up and needing you less and less, I'm dreading it.

Or else why not do something that you couldn't have done while he was younger, do a course or a new hobby,

Try see the positives xxx

Crispy... Kids always need their parents... And parents always need their kids! I say this as my parents are staying with me for a month.... We are on day 6.... It's hard, but not as hard as when they move to Turkey to retire - that will be harder. We will have to do what we can, and see each other when we can...

Heck if you want another, go for it. A lady at my work just had her first child at 52, and she couldn't be happier!

• Like 2

Ohhh Batman! So awesome!!

I love you guys so very much but 40 is not the new 30, lol it's flippin' 40. :( Coming from someone who is almost 38 and asking where the hell her 30's went.

I had my kids late too but I do get teary eyed on birthdays and grade changes just because it seems to fly by so fast.

• Like 2

Crispy... Kids always need their parents... And parents always need their kids! I say this as my parents are staying with me for a month.... We are on day 6.... It's hard, but not as hard as when they move to Turkey to retire - that will be harder. We will have to do what we can, and see each other when we can...

Heck if you want another, go for it. A lady at my work just had her first child at 52, and she couldn't be happier!

Ross your kidding me...52 wow....that puts my head in a spin.....

Ross your kidding me...52 wow....that puts my head in a spin.....

I don't know for sure but... I think she thought she couldn't have any, and it just happened... Funny how life works sometimes!!

I say live each day as it comes! And start ageing backwards - next year I will be 31 again ;)

• Like 1

You can have just as much fun with your grown up kids....

I have the most wonderful relationship with mine.....growing older doesn't mean you lose them....

I still do stuff with my kids now as I did when they were younger.....

Chrispy,don't over think this.....you'll see ,you won't drift apart....unless you let it.....

Hope I've helped in some way....

Shiiiiiit You're 38 too? x

Chris, now I need you to save me lol.

I don't know for sure but... I think she thought she couldn't have any, and it just happened... Funny how life works sometimes!!

I say live each day as it comes! And start ageing backwards - next year I will be 31 again ;)

Yes ma'am I am.

I will be celebrating my 30th for the 8th time Ross, lol!

• Like 2